Crybabies eat your hearts out

Shows what I know, I thought Olympic Arms AR's were lower end ARs.

Most were. The Stainless Ultra Match on the other end whether by design or by mistake turned out to be quite arguably the most accurate AR15 barrel ever produced. Sadly the Preban status of the rifle coupled with the pretty much ugly appearance of the barrel has led to most of the original stainless ultra matches being reconfigured into something more tactical and the barrels which were what made them so amazing usually got cut down into dissys or thrown in the garbage.

I was drooling over that s&w

It was amazing, and I never thought I would get a trade offer that would get it from me. I thought MAYBE a 6721 could do it, but didn't really figure I would get offered one. Ten minutes after listing GoNoGo offered me that rifle. When I first saw the pics I thought, now way in hell would I trade for that ugly POS. Then I saw those three letters on the barrel. SUM. I have wanted a Stainless Ultra Match barrel since the late 80s. I never figured I would trade into a complete gun.

Looks freaking sweet man. You planning on refinishing it?

I would really like to throw a flat top upper on it so I can get the most use out of that amazing barrel, but at the same time, I kinda really want to keep it original.

Funny thing is. GoNoGo told me that he bought this rifle for 500ish bucks back in November. And as JWC knows, I had less than that in the 66-3. I think in real world dollars, the S&W was worth more than the SUM, but I would say we both got an amazing deal.

I would really like to throw a flat top upper on it so I can get the most use out of that amazing barrel, but at the same time, I kinda really want to keep it original.

Funny thing is. GoNoGo told me that he bought this rifle for 500ish bucks back in November. And as JWC knows, I had less than that in the 66-3. I think in real world dollars, the S&W was worth more than the SUM, but I would say we both got an amazing deal.

That is what really matters.

I agree about the flat top upper. That would serve a much better purpose given the accuracy of the rifle.

Range report as soon as you shoot that sucker!

No doubt the Smith is a higher grade machine, but the Oly Arms will certainly be a good shooter.

Back
Top Bottom