• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious where people draw the line money wise when it comes to care for your dog?

Don’t know… never reached that limit. Our dogs are our family. We have a female rescue Boston Terrier that we got 3-4 years ago. She was used as a puppy mill. The rescue center had her prolapsed uterus put back in place before we took possession. She had a torn acl that we knew of and was gonna have to have surgery for that because of the non use of that leg. We took her in for the work up for the surgery and the X-rays showed she also had had a broken leg sometime in the past that was never taken care of. I won’t say what all that end up costing but what I will say is I’d love to meet face to face with her previous owners. One of us would also have a broken leg after meeting. AMEX I’m sure loved that tab.
IMG_4089.jpeg

More than I’d openly admit
This 100%.

My dog means the world to me, he lives like a king and will until he’s gone. He’s my best friend. He’s the best dog I’ve ever had and likely my last pet. I don’t know what I’d do without him.

He cost me $55 at the shelter, what I’d pay depends on prognosis and what stage of life he’s in.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpeg
    IMG_1713.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 14
His death from dehydration could have been caused by many things that simple water would not have fixed. Dogs have been known to go a long time without food or water.
As I stated I am certainly not sure but I still feel that IF it was a choice of water for my child or water for my dog I know where I'd place priorities. No judgement on others. That's just me.

The most I've spent in one instance was 6k. There are other visits for $300-$3000 in the past. We love our pets and have plenty, but I can se many factors contributing to making a financial commitment regarding a pets health.

Back
Top Bottom