• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious where people draw the line money wise when it comes to care for your dog?

I just added Sonny to my homeowners insurance policy. With the amount of time and money I have invested in him and his training it's worth a few bucks a month to insure his health. I'll consider the $500 deductible as money well spent if the need arises.
Unfortunately I've spent a bundle on emergency vet visits and lost the animal anyway. Regardless of the outcome the vet still wants to get paid.

I spent $1,100+ treating a stray for heartworm larvae then gave her away.

When it comes to my little buddy? I'd probably go broke if she'd have any chance at any quality of life. Makes me sick to think I'll probably outlive her.
20231112_091434.jpg

The most, I spent was $8,500 for my wife's King Charles Cavalier( La-La) she was only 4 years old , the Dr. said it was a very difficult operation, she lets us pay in 3 installments, well when she opened up our dog, there were more issues, The doctor was great, La-La was fine but refused to eat, because my wife taught her to never eat from strangers, I reminded my wife of La-La's training, my wife went to the vet everyday for 7 days to feed her dog, she lived until 14 1/2 years old. I believe it was money well spent because, my wife loved her dog. Here is a picture of La-La.
20160811_182639_resized.jpg
20160823_114749_resized.jpg

Cats are not dogs.
Yeah cats they kinda like some Women only appreciate u when they want something . When something happens she don’t like it’s all your fault. Guess that guy should done better back ground check her before put a ring own it. Cats nothing but furrier serial killers. A lot women self centered cat like creatures never wrong in their mind

We had a cat that the wife loved dearly….****er was always sick. Turns out he had cancer(probably where I got it). He passed away the day after I bought my corvette. The veterinarian sent us a list of the bills we paid on him throughout his blessed life, we paid more TO the vet than I paid FOR the vette…

There is an old amusing story of a discussion between a dog and a cat about their human: The Dog says, "Our human feeds us, cares for us, cleans up after us and makes sure we are happy. He must be God."
The cat says, "He feeds me when I say so. He cleans up my droppings when I need him to. He lets me out whenever I say so and makes sure my life is perfect. I Am God."
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom