• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious where people draw the line money wise when it comes to care for your dog?

It's a horrible thought but wife and I have discussed it. A one-time cost (operation or whatever) would be about $7500. If it were an on-going monthly maintenance cost, it would probably be around $250 a month.
Of course, ultimately we don't know for sure. It's easy to put a dollar amount on something without being in the middle of a crisis or whatever.
These are our puppers, Sienna (near) and Ninja (far couch). Ninja was actually adopted through the ODT about 8 years ago.
pups1.jpeg

I hear people say dogs (or other animals) can't "love." I say they're full of shyte and if it isn't love the animals are showing? I don't think we deserve to have a word for it because it's a far superior devotion than anything we experience from people outside of our mothers.

I couldn't and wouldn't put a price on it.

It's a horrible thought but wife and I have discussed it. A one-time cost (operation or whatever) would be about $7500. If it were an on-going monthly maintenance cost, it would probably be around $250 a month.
Of course, ultimately we don't know for sure. It's easy to put a dollar amount on something without being in the middle of a crisis or whatever.
These are our puppers, Sienna (near) and Ninja (far couch). Ninja was actually adopted through the ODT about 8 years ago.
View attachment 7120473
Steps for the bad hips. Love it. You're doing the right thing.

And even then you're spending too much on that $.07 bullet 😂
Well, I have a huge stash of Remmy's from when I was a kid. They're marked .25 for a box of 50 rounds...so that makes it about half-a-cent per round...which is still more that the cat is worth. But getting to take the shot is well worth the difference!

I'm a lucky guy. My neighbor and I share two yard cats. She waters and feeds them but for some reason they sleep in the chairs on my front porch every night. They are feral as hell. Nobody pets them but they bring us both "gifts". Before they showed up we had a plague of chipmunks. Now I never see any. Remind me of our barn cats back home. Perfect cats!

I hear people say dogs (or other animals) can't "love." I say they're full of shyte and if it isn't love the animals are showing? I don't think we deserve to have a word for it because it's a far superior devotion than anything we experience from people outside of our mothers.

I couldn't and wouldn't put a price on it.
I agree. I seen a post somewhere that said "A dog is the only creature on earth that loves you more than it loves itself" I dont think there is anything more accurate.

Well, I have a huge stash of Remmy's from when I was a kid. They're marked .25 for a box of 50 rounds...so that makes it about half-a-cent per round...which is still more that the cat is worth. But getting to take the shot is well worth the difference!
Gee mister, what was it like riding in a wagon train when you were little? Did you shoot any of that ammo at Indians?

I have a 2.5 year old Shorkie (Shih Tzu / Yorkshire Terrie) with neurological issues. I'm already in 1k. Today, he **** on the couch while sitting next to me, puked and wears a belly band because if bladder issues that I change about 5 times a day.
You're a good man.

Back
Top Bottom