• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ bolt action rifles (re: changes)

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
CZ made 2 of my favorite bolt action rifles, the 550 and the 527. They discontinued the 550 and introduced a push feed rifle in the 557 to replace it. Then, they discontinued the 527 and the 557 and replaced them both with the 600, also a push feed. All CZ 600s immediately got recalled for being unsafe. I believe they're making some modification to "permanently" fix the barrel screws. Meanwhile, values on used 550 models are sky high and used 527 values are all the way into outer space. At what point might CZ look at the current situation and realize they made a mistake?

I'll throw a 452 into the pic to add yet another discontinued CZ bolt action rifle.
IMG_0941.JPG

This is probably a result of CZ not being able to economically produced a controlled round feed rifle anymore… It takes a individual with something that actually resembles mechanical aptitude to build a rifle with a Mauser style extractor even if it has mass produced components where as a push feed design is much more simplified and less finicky to assemble. Businesses both large and small are not willing to pay the wages now demanded by highly skilled individuals. I bet the margins are much higher on the 600 series rifles.

Back
Top Bottom