• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ P10c fails reliability test

The reason that the P10c fails to go into battery, is the slide cover. It wiggles. A lot. It's held in by the tension of the firing pin and firing pin spring only... The firing pin is a bit loose, and it moves around a bit. If the slide cover moves about 2mm down during recoil, it catches on the rear of the frame and keeps it from going into battery.

CZ is aware of the problem, and Cajun Gun Works is designing a new slide cover to address this.

You can fix it if it happens to you, by popping off the slide cover, and on the bottom inside of the cover, take a file and bevel it to create a "ramp" instead of the 90 degree edge that currently catches... That way if it does slide down and hit the frame as it goes into battery, it will "ramp" it and force it up and out of the way and go all the way into battery.

It's a problem, but an easy fix.

My concern is that over time, that firing pin gets more and more loose in it's channel and you break the plastic slide cover when it moves too far and slams into the frame when cycling, causing the firing pin assembly to bend, break, jam or fly out of the gun... Hopefully CZ or CGW will have a fix by then.

Anyone with a CZ P10c, lock the slide back and wiggle the slide cover up and down and you will see what I mean...
I plan to have mine Cajunized sometime down the road. They do excellent work, and I am sure they will get this worked out in time. Til then, I'm not messing with mine, other than shooting it. Mine just shoots great. I learned decades ago, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I plan to have mine Cajunized sometime down the road. They do excellent work, and I am sure they will get this worked out in time. Til then, I'm not messing with mine, other than shooting it. Mine just shoots great. I learned decades ago, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Is that why most Glocks have $300+ worth of custom parts?

Never understood that...

Stippling? Waste of money and time and it ruins the gun. I won't even consider a gun with "custom stippling" unless it's half price. There is no point to it, but the mall ninja types seem to love it.

Same thing with night sights... If it is too dark to see your sights and aim, then it's also too dark to see the target you are shooting at anyway... And a lot of night sights, suck in sunlight. But they are TactiCOOL, so the kids love them...

Triggers... It's a combat and defense gun... Glock spent millions on R&D with these things... Just leave it alone...

If it is a competition gun, perfect, do the trigger and if your mods impact reliability, it's a trophy and not your life on the line...

And all the cosmetic stuff. Awful paint jobs... It's like putting plastic spinners on your Civic...

And yet they think it makes their "custom glock" worth $800... LOL

Uh, yeah.. lol

Never understood that...

Stippling? Waste of money and time and it ruins the gun. I won't even consider a gun with "custom stippling" unless it's half price. There is no point to it, but the mall ninja types seem to love it.

Same thing with night sights... If it is too dark to see your sights and aim, then it's also too dark to see the target you are shooting at anyway... And a lot of night sights, suck in sunlight. But they are TactiCOOL, so the kids love them...

Triggers... It's a combat and defense gun... Glock spent millions on R&D with these things... Just leave it alone...

If it is a competition gun, perfect, do the trigger and if your mods impact reliability, it's a trophy and not your life on the line...

And all the cosmetic stuff. Awful paint jobs... It's like putting plastic spinners on your Civic...

I've done all that with a few Glocks, but Glocks never feel as good in hand, or shoot as fine as many other manufacturers handguns I own.

Glocks triggers suck, and that hump on the grip never feels as natural as all the others, and lets not forget the thumb knuckle bite Glocks give ya after a few hundred rounds run straight. That's how it works for me. After 4 Glock 19's, a G17, and a G34, I think I've shot enough of them to have earned my opinion. I will keep my 43 and 17L, and I may get another 19, who knows. I like owning them, I don't like shooting them.

I respect Glock guns, their very well made, and reliability is a key factor, but I want a gun that shoots smoother, feels better and more natural in hand. Those factors are so important to me that I'll probably always love my CZ, my Walther, or my S&W MnP Perf Center Ported CORE... a whole lot better.

It's funny how people were not believing his reported failure of the p320 and now people are not believing his video on the p10c. I'm not sure if it's because of fanboyitis or something else.

It's funny how people were not believing his reported failure of the p320 and now people are not believing his video on the p10c. I'm not sure if it's because of fanboyitis or something else.
I think if you F with something long enough, they will all have an issue. There's a lot of moving parts in a gun, and they all need run right. Go back in time, every manufacturer has had issues they needed to improve.

I am suspicious of this guys claim and the gun being as bad as he makes it out to be. After watching the video, I think a big part of the issue was his attempt to destroy it, in other words he created the mess, but may have found a weakness that needs some attention.

I'd like to see a video made of someone shooting 5-10 one thousand round intervals. That's a more realistic test than all the screwing with the P10c he did in that video. Get it hot running it hard, see what breaks naturally.

I think if you F with something long enough, they will all have an issue. There's a lot of moving parts in a gun, and they all need run right. Go back in time, every manufacturer has had issues they needed to improve.

I am suspicious of this guys claim and the gun being as bad as he makes it out to be. After watching the video, I think a big part of the issue was his attempt to destroy it, in other words he created the mess, but may have found a weakness that needs some attention.

I'd like to see a video made of someone shooting 5-10 one thousand round intervals. That's a more realistic test than all the screwing with the P10c he did in that video. Get it hot running it hard, see what breaks naturally.

Just like the p320, I'm glad he did the video and I hope it spurs others to do some testing videos of their own.

Just like the p320, I'm glad he did the video and I hope it spurs others to do some testing videos of their own.
Agreed, testing is always a good thing. Maybe they should slam a stick in the slide while it's firing and see how long it runs.

If all they are looking for are ways to make a gun fail, then they will succeed every time.

Never understood that...

Forward flats provide index points (and some an actual ledge) and undercuts/beavertail cuts allow you to get higher on the gun. Most all guns stippled, whether they are ugly or not, provide more grip than the stock configuration in wet and bloody conditions. This is a value add for a defensive pistol, period, regardless of what happens to the price of your gun after the fact. So to say there is no point to it, is ridiculously misguided.

There is also many situations where your target may be clearly illuminated but you are standing in a dark room, night sights and/or a light provide value. As far as night sights sucking in the daylight, thats not really possible, as solid black front and solid black rear sights don't suck in the daylight so how can their counterparts?

I'll give you the triggers, as most of that is just preference. But if you shoot a lot and prefer a break instead of a roll before a break, it can make a difference.

Ultimately if you mod your gun its up to you to vet it as suitable for EDC or not. Whether you spent $300 or $1500, its stock or looks like its been decorated for Christmas, is irrelevant.

If stippling was so great and Glock sees all the DIY woodburning back yard stipple jobs, why dont they give people what they want rather than having to do a hack job? G10 Piranha grips are nice BTW.

Any illumination on sight is nice. low light doesnt = no light.

Any gun in the $500 range should have a nice trigger. Walther did it.

Back
Top Bottom