• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DA trigger pull

Stubb

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
A couple techniques go a long way toward making the initial DA pull on guns like Beretta 92s and CZ-75s a non issue when drawing to a tight target. First, keep your eyes on the exact spot you want to hit on the target. Here it’s the center of the calibration zone on the mini popper. On a USPSA target head box it would be the center of the top perforations of the ocular region. Get on the trigger early in the draw and start cranking back on it as you raise the gun to the eye-target line. I want the hammer 80% of the way back when the gun stops. This is a bit easier with guns like the Beretta 92 and Tanfoglio Stock 2 since the firing-pin block provides a bit of stacking. Confirm alignment, then pull through the remaining bit of travel. My goal is to keep the trigger in motion the entire time, but I’m ready to back off if things go sideways. Gripping hard with your support hand and evenly with your strong hand is super important in keeping the shot centered. The one here landed slightly right of center due to letting up a hair with my support hand.

Many shooters opted to draw to the open target on the left and get the gun running on it before popping the steel and backing out on the right target. There were a fair number of misses due to not ramping up aiming confirmation and trigger-finger isolation. I liked this sequence of dispensing with the tight shot first then hitting the gas on the big targets. It ended up being a stage win for me.

Back
Top Bottom