• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Daily Dinner thread?

Working on the pig tenderloin and pork belly from yesterday.

Attachments

• 32B7786E-9BEA-40AF-8963-4D830F92906A.jpeg
    32B7786E-9BEA-40AF-8963-4D830F92906A.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 10
I've been doing a lot of soups and stews in the crockpot lately. Did a potato, leek, portabella and round roast stew that was to die for a weeks ago. Did a more traditional chicken soup with wild rice, celery, and carrots. And just tonight did a 15 bean soup with smoked turkey sausage and rotel tomatoes and rice. I did basmati rice and butter chicken curry the other night, but mostly, since it's gotten cold it's been soup and a starch. Cornbread, baguette, rye toast...something like that.

Haha I agree. It’s like water in Jamaica. And is like hen’s teeth in the states.
But it used not to be. It was always available at the Kroger where I live...and then it just wasn't. I suppose it's a "Covid/supply chain/NWO" thing or whatever...but it seems like I don't even see the ads for it anymore. My mother in law always used to have a six pack in the fridge when we would come to visit. She knew I loved it.

That looks amazing!
Thank you! It was very good! troutman troutman told me a few years ago to try a Boston Butt with some Mexican seasonings and a Mexican Coke and I just now got around to making it, although I had to Google a few different recipes and combine them all. I used my Dutch oven and set a timer (at midnight)...I could have pulled it about an hour earlier by the looks of things lol but it was still very good.

Back
Top Bottom