• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daily Dinner thread?

So the chicken the other day was decent when fresh but the next day's leftovers for lunch were awesome. The sour cream I guess got a chance to meld overnight

Tonight I didn't make lasagne, but I did make crockpot lasagne soup! And it's freaking good!

The 3 cheeses go in your bowl and get worked through while everything is still hot...

20230127_192618.jpg
20230127_192622.jpg
20230127_192740.jpg
20230127_192912.jpg

So the chicken the other day was decent when fresh but the next day's leftovers for lunch were awesome. The sour cream I guess got a chance to meld overnight

Tonight I didn't make lasagne, but I did make crockpot lasagne soup! And it's freaking good!

The 3 cheeses go in your bowl and get worked through while everything is still hot...

View attachment 5273170View attachment 5273171View attachment 5273172View attachment 5273173
I will definitely have to try that! Looks yummy! What all did you put in it?

I will definitely have to try that! Looks yummy! What all did you put in it?
This is the recipe I used but I made some changes out of necessity lol

My changes:

I used half a large onion and a green bell pepper, I also sautéed them while I cooked the ground beef. I also used 2 cans of stewed tomatoes bc I didn't have a large can of crushed tomatoes...I just crushed them up a lot with a wooden spoon. I used 6 cups of water and beef bullion to taste.

I fired up the crockpot on high right from the get-go and let it run for 2.5 hours before adding the broken up lasagna noodles. The noodles took about an hour to cook through, stirring a couple of times.

Edit: I also used 2lbs of ground beef, I like my meals BEEFY! LOL

Shrimp and grits tonight in the fine China

View attachment 5277777
As a lowcountry boy, I will never understand you people who eat shrimp and grits at a time other than breakfast. Imagine the Vietnamese horror at us eating pho for dinner and you'll get the gist.

Does look good, though. A little more color on the shrimp would have been helped. :hungry:

As a lowcountry boy, I will never understand you people eat shrimp and grits at a time other than breakfast. Imagine the Vietnamese horror at us eating pho for dinner and you'll get the gist.

Does look good, though. A little more color on the shrimp would have been helped. :hungry:
As seems to be a popular dish....Doesn't seem to be my thing though....

As a lowcountry boy, I will never understand you people eat shrimp and grits at a time other than breakfast. Imagine the Vietnamese horror at us eating pho for dinner and you'll get the gist.

Well hell, I eat sausage and biscuits for dinner sometimes as well as grits and eggs and pancakes and bacon… I guess I just don’t know any better Or have a sense of time…lol

but where can I get Pho in the A in the AM?

Last night was baked stuffed chicken breasts (Barber frozen) and creamy Italian noodles.
Didn’t make a plan for tonight so it’s Hormel chili and tamales. Unwrap the tamales, place in a pasta bowl, pour can of chili with beans and small can of chili w/o beans over them, and nuke them for a couple of minutes. Top with shredded cheddar and diced onion. Serve with restaurant style corn chips.

Edit to add, my favorite shrimp & grits recipe, used to get it every time we went to Charleston.

Last time I prepared it..
70270260-6A89-4A84-AF30-FCA6F325A3C8.jpeg

a lot better now that I’m back home in the land of fresh-off-the-boat Georgia white shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom