Daisy Red Ryder vs Rat

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
Ok, I'm torn as to this being a hunting forum question, but only because I have never hunted.

I put bird food out on my back deck so my cats and I can watch the action. Yeah, I'm freaky wild. So today I saw a rat on the deck. Ewh.

From 20 feet away will a Red Ryder kill a rat? I live in a sub division so a 22 is out of the question. Should I buy a pellet gun? My caliber ascension is BB gun to a 9mm Shield. Nothing in between.

Attachments

• photo 1(18).jpg
    photo 1(18).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 324
  • photo 3(9).jpg
    photo 3(9).jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I have killed squirrels with a Red Ryder many times. You've got to hit em in the head at relatively close range, but it can be done. A shot to the ribs at close range might disable him until you can get another bb in him!
But careful; You'll shoot your eye out!!!

The daisy powerline 880 that is $45-ish from Wally World will get the job done. It also works on raccoons, and will make that stray dog find another yard in which to take a crap!! I live in town as well and have killed many tree rats stealing from the bird feeder!

The bb will work decently at close range and with under 7 or so pumps. Pellets will get the job done out to 25 yds or so and mine was decently accurate.

I say was because three weeks ago, the stock broke off at the receiver. I guess 12 yrs or so was a little much to expect from a plastic stock.

Back
Top Bottom