Daisy Red Ryder vs Rat

I have killed squirrels with a Red Ryder many times. You've got to hit em in the head at relatively close range, but it can be done. A shot to the ribs at close range might disable him until you can get another bb in him!
But careful; You'll shoot your eye out!!!

+1 as a kid. I'm not sure if the newer ones are up to the task though?
Are they causing any Damage or are you baiting em in just to kill something?

I think I'd find somewhere else to put birdseed unless you want rats, mice, chipmunks, bird feces etc on your deck and in your home.

Last edited:
Those lever action spring air guns never really had the eggs. To kill a tree rat you need about 400 FPS on the low end 650 FPS or better will give you some range.

You could go medieval

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a cat in your photo - why not just let your cat have some fun? Cat has fun, rat problem solve. Unless you just want to shoot things in your yard.

If noise is an issue then look to a blow gun. A well placed dart will pin that rat down and then you can dispatch as you see fit.

Those lever action spring air guns never really had the eggs. To kill a tree rat you need about 400 FPS on the low end 650 FPS or better will give you some range.

You could go medieval

We really need a like button!!! I just showed my wife the video and she said "that better not be our deck". My wife doesn't realize I'm not that clever.

Last edited by a moderator:
P22 or Ruger 10-22 with AAC Pilot, that what I use on unwanted pests. Also the P22 has a lazer.

If you have a lever action or bolt action 22 try CB shorts, make less noise than pellet gun.

Back
Top Bottom