• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn, almost 47 and I'm crying like a baby over here

I can feel your pain!

Why?

Well, what follows is a true story ...

I was around 17 when I convinced a gas station to let me fix a flat tire, using their equipment.
Why in the heck would someone do something like that? Well, money was tight and ...
Anyhow, during the process, I dropped a tire iron on my big toe .... which got infected and looked a lot like your posting

So, I got to the point that the pain was beyond bearable ... I had to go to the doctor!

Got my appointment and there I went!

My (then) Doctor was quite smart but lacked a lot of common sense ... He looked at my toe and pronounced that it was infected and that the nail must be removed. As it was infected, Novacaine would not work, and his supply of "spray freeze" .... was depleted.

He talked me into going "Cold Turkey" ... Take the thing off without any deadening at all!

I cannot begin to tell you the pain I endured while he clipped the nail down the middle and removed each half ... Needless to say, I was sweating blood! Then, quite proud of his work, he wanted to show me what a good job he had done ... asking me to look at the results while he probed the (now very raw) incision ...

My reaction? "Doc, if you don't stop sticking your damned instrument into my toe, I'm going to have to knock the living S**t out of you!"

Later, we laughed about it over the years ... but that's one memory that will never go away!

To this day, the nail has a distinct line on it where the Doctor sliced it ...

I sincerely hope you don't agree to have your toe-nail removed without any form of deadening ...!!!

Use vice grips...
IMG_5819.JPG

About ten years ago I broke my big toe just before starting a new job working for Jackson county. I was getting dressed for the first day at work and tripped over the bed frame.
"CRACK" hurt like hell, but no way I was calling in sick on day one (or for the first few months for that matter)
Brand new non broken in Combat Boots were a required part of the uniform. The first week was hell, but I didn't let on to anyone...

Speaking with lots of experience with broken bones, a damn broke big toe is right up there with broke ribs.:grey:

Someone please come knock me out with a hammer.... THIS THROBBING IS KILLING ME!
pm for address, I have a 4# blacksmith hammer.
View attachment 1174099

That nail looks under pressure it needs to be punctured for relief

Back
Top Bottom