Dang this heat and drought

we planted ours a week and a half ago. I questioned it then, and i'll question it now.
Think it was a mistake.
We had TWO work days on two different weekends. I showed up for both. (cough cough). about 1/3 of the folks showed up each time. We usually have more, but as every year goes on and we get new faces, they just want to hunt and not help. I like the rule, no work, no hunt. But it is not my call. :(

Definitely was a rush job. Didn't help that the soil was like concrete. I suggested plowing, but disc harrow was what they said. OK, no problem boss. Disc harrow just scratched the surface.

I'll be after hogs this year. Heck w/ the deer.
A few years ago we planted food plots and then we had that long drought through early fall. Once it got cool and it rained a bit, the plots began to grow as good as ever.
Just make sure that you drag the seed and cover it well. It should be fine until the rain comes.

Yeah we kinda did the same then..plus still got seed left..not this weekend but maybe next if the forecast holds up i will add and drag more in.

20190920_200026.jpg

Good evening hunt today. Got a nice doe for eating. Made me work for her went thru the thickest crap she could but had a decent blood trail. Stuff was over head tall thought I was going to have to use phone map to find my way back to stand in dark. Amazing how far they can go with lungs punctured.

Thanks! Got all the processing stuff and table cleaned and bleached. Tomorrow will be the real work..few roasts and the rest will be burger! All the deer we saw so far have been right at dark..think I will take this weekend off showing almost 100 degrees down Macon way. Had about 20 turkeys in our biggest plot other morning..looks like fine powder now where they have raked it:becky: Oh well wait on some rain and replant.

Back
Top Bottom