• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense Layoffs

Sounds like they figured that when the dizzy broad got elected they would have more business than they could handle with adding more employees. Now that we have Trump and dirt cheap ARs.
Time for the layoffs.
Mike
Yeah, part of the dynamic for the layoffs for sure.

BCM, LMT, Noveske, LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, all have the same business model and right now the industry just doesn't favor buying $1,700 rifles. Building has become mainstream over the past year and people now see you can buy the same Parts as Daniel Defense does for their rifles and build one for about half of the price.

$700 I can build you something nice these days. $700 used to be able to buy you a low-end, entry-level garbage AR15, not anymore.

Yeah, another part of the dynamic for the layoffs. People are picking and choosing what to use from whom for their builds. A lot has shifted from the "buy the whole AR" mentality.

Yep. Like 90% of businesses are like that.

Exactly, everyone behind a door where I work drives a new car. The rest, well there are alot of beaters in the parking lot.

I once heard one of the best ways to judge a business when you interview is to check out the parking lot. Lots of new/nice cars? Job security and advancement opportunities.
Lots of beaters and oil stains? Yeah, the pay probably sucks and there is no real room to grow.

I know if you haven't achieved your goals you need to keep working for them.

I'm a high school drop out from a poor family and have done very well for myself because I have busted my ass to get where I am and I still continue to bust my ass every day to get even further.

As I said, the only person capable of holding you back is you. Nobody owes anybody anything.

If you want to be one of the guys that drives a nice new vehicle, make it happen.

19 years ago I was riding my bicycle to work graveyard shift at the circle k eating katsup soup and ramen noodles were a treat. Today I was driving my 4x4 King Ranch turbo diesel towing a trailer full of Harleys back from 9 days in Disneyworld with my family. Hard work and determination made that happen.

I didn't say anything about where you are in life. You are correct, I know nothing about you or what you have done. I just said if you aren't happy with it you need to work harder to reach your goals

Well, nobody said you have to be smart to be successful. :boink::boink::boink: Sorry, man. I couldn't help myself. Congrats on your success!

DD makes a great rifle and the customer service is outstanding. I'm sure it pleases no one there to have to lay people off. Should they keep them on and run the company into the ground? As far as severance packages go, that's on the employees contract that he negotiated when hired. If you have outstanding skills that are highly marketable, then you address a severance package in your contract before you start working for a company. The firearms market has tanked as we all know. If DD had lots of surplus $, they wouldn't be laying people off and if they did, there would be a severance package. These aren't the days of old when companies took care of their loyal employees. You always need to CYA and plan for the worse. I will say most other industries are screaming for help, so finding a job should be no problem.

Well, nobody said you have to be smart to be successful. :boink::boink::boink: Sorry, man. I couldn't help myself. Congrats on your success!

Certainly don't have to be smart, if I was smart I would have gone to college instead of dropping out of high school.

Oh, as far as the Harleys are concerned, I am with you there. Not really my thing.

Certainly don't have to be smart, if I was smart I would have gone to college instead of dropping out of high school.

Oh, as far as the Harleys are concerned, I am with you there. Not really my thing.
I know if you haven't achieved your goals you need to keep working for them.

I'm a high school drop out from a poor family and have done very well for myself because I have busted my ass to get where I am and I still continue to bust my ass every day to get even further.

As I said, the only person capable of holding you back is you. Nobody owes anybody anything.

If you want to be one of the guys that drives a nice new vehicle, make it happen.

19 years ago I was riding my bicycle to work graveyard shift at the circle k eating katsup soup and ramen noodles were a treat. Today I was driving my 4x4 King Ranch turbo diesel towing a trailer full of Harleys back from 9 days in Disneyworld with my family. Hard work and determination made that happen.

I didn't say anything about where you are in life. You are correct, I know nothing about you or what you have done. I just said if you aren't happy with it you need to work harder to reach your goals
Let's be honest, you made your fortune with your 433 trades on the ODT. You are welcome.

Let's be honest, you made your fortune with your 433 trades on the ODT. You are welcome.

Fortune! LOL, I don't drive that truck to work.

1507584938255450398170.jpg
15075849635181987376332.jpg

She will go forever. I found my daughter a 1 owner immaculate 00' sedan last year that looked like it had rolled off the showroom floor. 5 spd too. I overpaid because it was that clean and I was happy to do so. Driving it home I was thinking about keeping it myself and finding her something not quite as mint. I decided against it. 10 days later she totaled it.....

Back
Top Bottom