• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawson Forest nuclear reactor site.

Booger hill if you pull your truck up lined up with the two trees they used to hang slaves in something pulls you up hill between them. They say if you go between the trees you don't live much longer.

There's not a light to be found near Salem church. Its abondoned. For one like aforementioned the headless man on the front pew. Also there is something in the graveyard. You can see its eyes just out of clean site following you through the cemetery.

Our company was on a privately funded team looking at purchasing 10,000 acres of the "Forest" to build a reservoir to sell raw and/or treated water to local municipalities. The land not flooded for the reservoir was going to be developed as a residential property. They had $660 million committed for the entire project, but the City of Atlanta wouldn't sell. Reservoir studies were done several years ago and the property is a good candidate. Dealing with the Corps of Engineers for a 404 permit is a whole different challenge. So keep on hunting it's at least 10 years out.

Interesting stuff. Did you get to the point of drilling test wells or any geo- probing ? I worked for NH Boring for a few years as a driller, seen some really sketchy stuff.

Ok just got off the phone with a buddy who says he was there in the 80s.
Claims of crying childern ,rocks being thrown at them.?? Says he thought he was loosing his mind.
Says he was suddenly depressed and felt like he was gonna bust out in tears? WTF? Tells me dont go there. This guy is not a drama hound, so this would not be his normal behavior.
So i tend to believe what he is saying.
On that note, when are we gonna have a small after dark ODT m&g there?
Im down.

Ok looked this up on Google.
Lot of wild stories about this place.
Get this, one of them mentioned "crying children" lol
My budy had no idea when i called what the topic was.
So im thinking he couldn't reference that info that quick. Freaky at least.
I would love to check this out. Would need a drop off vehicle and a driver.
The survivors will need an extraction when we are done. Right? Lol

Back
Top Bottom