• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadly force for thieves?

Ain't no crime if there ain't no body.
Why do you have to shoot them in the back?
I would much rather shoot them in the face.
Who's gonna be looking for them around my place?
It's not like he told someone that he was going over to Snake's house and steal some ****.

Viva La Revolution
Snake Dr

Wow...just wow.

This really needs to be hidden from the general public.

What I don't grasp, is why people are so quick to pull the trigger on something that can and will be replaced and then turn around and condemn people for calling for firearm restrictions or calling them gun nuts. I carry a firearm every second of every day except for while I'm in the shower or bed (and they are in reach then) and I couldn't imagine that mindset. Maybe you're craving mental anguish, or wouldn't mind destroying your families mentally. Idk I guess It's just not something I'll ever comprehend.

i dont suppose it would be very beneficial to steal my scrap or your stereo of whatever if the "thieves" thought it possible to die over........ sheep have to be herded for a reason...

OK,for the nit-pickers:Ga law ALLOWS you to use deadly force to prevent carjacking.PERIOD.That was a law all it`s own,signed into law a few years ago.If you are sitting at a stoplight in a $800 car,you think it`s wrong to use deadly force to stop the threat?As opposed to sitting in a $50k car?In Ga.,you have to confront a thief,try to detain him,or whatever,and put yourself at risk.Especially if the thief is armed.Texas gives the victim the right to protect their property without putting the lawful owner at risk.As I said,don`t some of you read the papers?How many car/home owners have been murdered by thieves who were caught in the act?Some of them are juveniles.Like some say,if you don`t want to be shot,don`t be a thief.

OK,for the nit-pickers:Ga law ALLOWS you to use deadly force to prevent carjacking.PERIOD.That was a law all it`s own,signed into law a few years ago.If you are sitting at a stoplight in a $800 car,you think it`s wrong to use deadly force to stop the threat?As opposed to sitting in a $50k car?In Ga.,you have to confront a thief,try to detain him,or whatever,and put yourself at risk.Especially if the thief is armed.Texas gives the victim the right to protect their property without putting the lawful owner at risk.As I said,don`t some of you read the papers?How many car/home owners have been murdered by thieves who were caught in the act?Some of them are juveniles.Like some say,if you don`t want to be shot,don`t be a thief.

Car jacking is a lot different than car theft. Its the same difference as between theft by taking, which is not preventable by deadly force, and armed robbery, which is. The difference is that the wrongdoer has put life and limb in jeopardy by his actions.

I will say it again. If you use deadly force simply for the protection of property and a reasonable person would not have felt they were in danger of immediate, serious bodily harm or death, you will go to prison. That is the law in the state of Georgia. And you will deserve it.

YAll remember a few years ago when the guy in newnan shot the copper thief because he kept stealing from him time after time???? He had him down on the ground detained and something happened, a struggle i would think but he shot the thief point blank in the back while he was on the ground. You know how long he was in jail? Less than 24 hours and when it went to trial the GOOD folks of coweta county sent a message to thiefs. He got off with time served less than n24 hours for shootin a copper thief. POint is you gota stand up sometime or the scum will keep on takin....

And he knew what he was doin, he hid in the bushes and waited on the thief to return..

Last edited:
car jacking is a lot different than car theft. Its the same difference as between theft by taking, which is not preventable by deadly force, and armed robbery, which is. The difference is that the wrongdoer has put life and limb in jeopardy by his actions.

I will say it again. If you use deadly force simply for the protection of property and a reasonable person would not have felt they were in danger of immediate, serious bodily harm or death, you will go to prison. That is the law in the state of georgia. And you will deserve it.

see above post.

Back
Top Bottom