• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

That's just plain irresponsible

He thinks crime only happens in less than favorable urban communities. So I guess by that logic it would-be okay to keep your gun in your truck inless you are in a less-than-favorable urban community. Man I think this guy in unarmed in more ways than just by not carrying a firearm.

This thread is about a "truck gun," not your daily on-body carry pistol that you occasionally have to leave in your parked, locked vehicle while you visit some off-limits location like a school, jail or prison, courthouse, etc.

I carry my truck guns daily, so how do we classify them?

My firearms are tools. I use a wrench to turn a bolt, and I use my firearm to shoot vermin.
I'd rather not take a LNIB firearm and ride it around in my truck or on the tractor, although I have, what was a very nice CZ 455 American 17 Mach 2 that's been riding in my truck for several years, it's got some heavy handling marks on the stock and some blueing loss on the barrel.

I also have some Snap On tools that have some scratches on them from use.

The number of guns I own is completely irrelevant. The manner in which they’re secured is the topic of discussion. Let’s stay on topic

Maybe it's you that can't stay on topic?
Truck guns are the ones that you don't worry too much about scratches and blueing loss from many miles of riding on the seat or in the rack.
Since you are a "City Boy" you wouldn't really know all that much about the "Topic" so maybe you should have just remained silent.
I don't want any of my firearms stolen anymore than I want any of my tools stolen, but that doesn't mean I'm going to unload my truck every night in fear of a possible thief.

Hi Banjo! Is it possible that I might sell a gun to someone on here and they commit a crime? Sure.....but at least I get some money for it or something in trade. Having my gun stolen is the part that bothers me. Not to mention, If I have a gun on my person, and my person is in the truck, is my gun now not in the truck????? Truck guns are pointless

You being a city boy is why you don't see the point in having a "Truck gun".

I don't just ride around with a gun in my truck all day then leave it in there at night.
I ride around with a gun in my truck and shoot **** that needs killing during the day, and sometimes at night, then I leave it in the truck at night to be ready for tomorrow.

I carry my truck guns daily, so how do we classify them?

My firearms are tools. I use a wrench to turn a bolt, and I use my firearm to shoot vermin.
I'd rather not take a LNIB firearm and ride it around in my truck or on the tractor, although I have, what was a very nice CZ 455 American 17 Mach 2 that's been riding in my truck for several years, it's got some heavy handling marks on the stock and some blueing loss on the barrel.

I also have some Snap On tools that have some scratches on them from use.

Maybe it's you that can't stay on topic?
Truck guns are the ones that you don't worry too much about scratches and blueing loss from many miles of riding on the seat or in the rack.
Since you are a "City Boy" you wouldn't really know all that much about the "Topic" so maybe you should have just remained silent.
I don't want any of my firearms stolen anymore than I want any of my tools stolen, but that doesn't mean I'm going to unload my truck every night in fear of a possible thief.
Hahahah. You’re too funny. Now I’m a city boy, because I secure my firearms? Lol, I don’t even know how to respond to that.

In what sense? Is it because I have enough testicular fortitude, to not need a gun on me at all times to feel safe? Lol, this should be interesting
It's irresponsible to not be prepared to protect your family from the bad guys. 3 guys approach your family with bad intentions, and I don't care that your hands are registered as lethal weapons with the FBI, they are going to take what they want.

First you need one enough to not care about breaking your employers rules, now you don't need one.

Just curious, when you take it into the fire house while your on duty, do you take it with you on calls, also? Or do you leave it there in the bunk room? What does the Chief think of that?

Back
Top Bottom