• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

democrats are mad another victory for gun rights

jamesthemechanic

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
i watched a show the other day it was how democrats were mad about the victory in chicago and now they were trying to get new taxes on ammo and everything else to do with guns anyone else see this

just read your link thats crazy i will never give my right to a firearm up to anyone if we dont watch and stand ready another katrina effect will happen need we forget hitler started by taking away firearms! from the masses before he killed them

The thing we have to watch for is the UN Treaty on small arms.

Unless you're an international arms smuggler, the proposed UN Small Arms Treaty will have absolutely no effect on you, and that's assuming it were to get ratified by the Senate.

First of all, it doesn't have anything to do with firearms sales or ownership inside the United States or any other country. It deals with import/export restrictions on international small arms transfer. Beyond that, such a treaty hasn't actually even been written yet, it's merely in the discussion stages. Even if it were, any international treaty has to be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Finally, even if it was did apply to arms ownership within the country, and was subsequently ratified by the Senate, it still wouldn't matter. The Supreme Court ruled in 1957 that the Constitution of the United States supersedes any international treaty ratified by the U.S. Senate.

It's all crap, much like the ridiculous Blair Holt Bill that was making the rounds several months ago.

Last edited:
The Supreme Court ruled in 1957 that the Constitution of the United States supersedes any international treaty ratified by the U.S. Senate.

:cool: a big AMEN to this !!;)

Unless you're an international arms smuggler, the proposed UN Small Arms Treaty will have absolutely no effect on you, and that's assuming it were to get ratified by the Senate.

First of all, it doesn't have anything to do with firearms sales or ownership inside the United States or any other country. It deals with import/export restrictions on international small arms transfer. Beyond that, such a treaty hasn't actually even been written yet, it's merely in the discussion stages. Even if it were, any international treaty has to be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Finally, even if it was did apply to arms ownership within the country, and was subsequently ratified by the Senate, it still wouldn't matter. The Supreme Court ruled in 1957 that the Constitution of the United States supersedes any international treaty ratified by the U.S. Senate.

It's all crap, much like the ridiculous Blair Holt Bill that was making the rounds several months ago.

THANK YOU
This comes around every couple of months. I am tired of explaining that it is an internet urban legend.

Well said...i even received a phone call from a person wanting my support and warning me of the "New UN gun ban law"

Back
Top Bottom