• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Demolition Derby is back!

I saw Davy Allison race there...still have his autograph.

I can hear the cars running from my house.......
my favorite driver( him and 1st was his dad then Ernie Irvin then Tony Stewart)
Few yrs ago I worked with Davy’s cousin.. he got 2 of my cars autographed for me.. Donnie’s and bobbies

Used to go to Senoia on Saturday nights until they paved it. Wasn't any fun after that and quit going.
Somewhere along the way they realized that sucked and returned racing back to it's natural habitat but we just never made it down that way again.
used to go myself ( your right paved wasn’t as fun) who was the guy in the late 80’s that drove the orange Camaro.. I believe the number was L 7.. was it Lonnie something.. either way he was a dang good dirt track driver

Been closed since 2022.....
Thought they might reopen this year. They had a drive thru Christmas light display during these past holidays.

Wonder if the Rome track will reopen too ??
They had 3 or 4 races at Rome last year. Glad to see it reopen. Good folks there. Every time I go I want to get back in a car, but I`m almost 78. I ran on some dirt tracks in NC in the late 60s. Guess I`ll be off my diet on Saturday nights starting April 6. Hot dogs, corn dogs........

used to go myself ( your right paved wasn’t as fun) who was the guy in the late 80’s that drove the orange Camaro.. I believe the number was L 7.. was it Lonnie something.. either way he was a dang good dirt track driver
Leon Sells is probably who you're thinking about.

Grew up three miles from Dixie Speedway from the time I was 3 years old. Even when I didn't get to go to the track, and back before the assholes that moved into Eagle Watch made them start using mufflers on the cars, you could hear the races from my house on Bells Ferry Rd.

Back
Top Bottom