• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Depression era sandwich

I remeber about 50 yrs ago , daddy had fallen off a ladder at work and was drawing $88 dollars a week Workmans comp.
he would buy a tube of bologna and a tube of peppered salami every other week.
I do not eat bologna nor salami today!!
when I was a child....12-15....my dad went on a diet...lost over 100lb's....we ate broiled chicken at least 5x week....I will NEVER....EVER eat broiled chicken.....if it was the last thing on earth to eat....I may just starve....not sure

I still love German bologna on sandwiches or fried with eggs. My father always brought a 20 pound hoop of red tine cheese and a stick of bologna every couple months and ne we kept bologna in freezer and you get it out and slice off a slice and fry up and put on sandwiches. We grew about everything we eat except this and bread and milk. I thought growing up on farm was tough but looking back I would not trade it for anything!
You sir know how to eat! Same here.we got our chores done and Ron those hills, fished the streams,camped out with no adults around., cooked our food on an open fire. Spent some nights in two man army surplus tents. Lord knows how we survived, but I thank him for my memories.

Best sandwich I ever had when I was a kid was on a fishing trip. An old man down the street invited me to go on a fishing trip, to Flamingo State Park in the everglades. I worked there two summers and knew the area and how to get Reds and Snook. He and his wife I think were Polish, and she made a box lunch for us. When it was time to eat, he opened the box, pulled out his knife unwrapped a chunk of Pastrami and hoop cheese. He cut off a big slice of both, put mayo on two pieces of bread and slapped it together.. Man o Man that was great.

love this ****:
Armour-Sliced-95-Fat-Free-Beef-Dried-2-25-oz_f83be5d8-5421-4582-a921-7b4f5a7ed859.fb6c97f51fba6b15bcc497b9bfd8016c.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom