• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I make the right choice with shotgun? pick up in one hour

I just picked up a 500A pistol grip 18.5" today with rust in spots but it's going to be a project gun so I was mainly just getting it for dirt cheap to work on it for fun. From what I've seen, you should be ok with the Mav.

I just picked up a 500A pistol grip 18.5" today with rust in spots but it's going to be a project gun so I was mainly just getting it for dirt cheap to work on it for fun. From what I've seen, you should be ok with the Mav.

yeah this one has some rust and needs a good cleaning, I am going to take before and after pics when i get it, i will take it apart and clean it and reblue it, when i get done whit it it will look like it just came out of the box.

yeah this one has some rust and needs a good cleaning, I am going to take before and after pics when i get it, i will take it apart and clean it and reblue it, when i get done whit it it will look like it just came out of the box.

Yup same here. Gonna take it apart and degrease it and possibly try out some engine enamel finish on parts of it. Read a few reviews saying it was a decent way to do a cheap refinish. However, I might just go the route of reblue.

Vanguard, if you are happy with the Maverick 88 and the price you paid, then it must be a good deal. And from what you have said, it's going to keep you busy cleaning and fixing it, which is what a smith would do. Enjoy...........

1st you said it was in good shape. now you gotta reblue etc. don't you rurn that shotgun. lol

Back
Top Bottom