• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did my first Armslist deal. Screw That!

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay I did my first and probably my Armslist deal a little while ago. Y'all don't talk **** about me now. I've seen some of the same guns here posted over there. But anyway, I found a Bersa Thunder 380 for $175.00 on there last night. So I hurried up and emailed the seller. Still had it. Hell yeah!
So all day today we texted back and forth. Then right before the meet he said he had 2 extra " clips" 50 rounds of ammo and a pistol rug with it for $200.00. Yeah **** it ! Why not? My wife is already gonna bitch at me .So what's $25.00 more bucks for all them extras,right. Turned out he had 1 " clip" and 49 rounds of Blazer aluminum cased ammo. Well we were supposed to meet at Wal Mart. But when I got there and called he was up at Wendy's on the corner using free WiFi. He got a DUI last month and needs the cash. But he wasn't drunk when they found him passed out at a drive through. No it was sleep apnea. Whatever man. Count this money and let me go. But then he wanted to sell me the Chromebook he was using.
The short version is that I got a damn good deal on this Bersa that I didn't need. But the whole experience was what you might call janky. Oh and he might want to buy it back next month. Sure man rock on. Do they do feedback on Armslist. Most likely not. Holy **** what a day!

Last edited:
I tried a few ArmsList deals before I found ODT. It was about 50/50 positive negative in my experience.

Well I can't really bitch si ce I got a good deal. But the guy tried to upsell me on stuff he didn't even have. Then he tried to throw in his ear plugs. I don't want your damn ear plugs and you better not put them in that pistol rug with my gun. But then he's trying to tell me some other buyer wants to bring him $200.00 or maybe more. Man please. I sell used cars for a living...

If I were you I'd run the numbers on the gun. Your story portrays a flaky seller.
Yeah I thought the same thing until he wanted to exchange carry permit info. And to make it worse I made my wife go with me right after picking her up from work. So when we were pulling into the Wal Mart I handed her the phone to text him about being there. Then he called and said " No I'm not at Wal Mart . I'm at Walgreen's. No I'm at Wendy's using the internet. " So my very cautious wife said " This is janky! This Yankee mother****er don't even know where he is. Don't you bring me on no more surprise last minute **** like this anymore."

At least ya had backup!

I did one Armslist deal, outta state so I used an FFL. Bought a final production HK P7 M8 with extras for a good deal. No problems, but I don't care for Armslist.

Back
Top Bottom