• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did my gun do this?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
My p938 was flawless for the first 200 rounds. I took it to the range recently and had but problems out of 2 different types of ammo. A couple double feeds, ftes, and ftfs. Good malfunction clearing practice but that better not be happening if I ever need the gun.

In this picture, the casing is visibility crushed in one place. Is it possible my gun did this to the casing? Or were the malfunctions caused by faulty ammo?

The one thing I can think of is that my gun was absolutely bone dry this time around. Maybes that contributed but I don't see it causing all the problems that I had.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-103423.png
    Screenshot_20190328-103423.png
    366 KB · Views: 96
Factory Winchester white box ammo. I didn't notice this issue on any other rounds that caused malfunctions. Also I had a few times where the slide wouldn't return fully into battery and I pulled the trigger and *click*

That's a loading malfunction from the factory when the sizing die doesn't fall top dead center on the case and it rolls the shoulder over and then the seating die flattens it out. It's a factory failure, it has nothing to do with your gun.

Back
Top Bottom