• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did my gun do this?

Same reason people still buy and carry Taurus, Hi Point, Jennings etc. it’s cheap and “just as good/if not the same as the more expensive ones”

Wrong. Wwb is an inferior round. It's not just as good as any legitimate carry ammo. Shooting 200 rounds of hst at a time is pretty expensive, so I resort to stuff like wwb and umc for target shooting.

If anything, it causes malfunctions which need to be practiced. If it was dangerous malfunctions, that would be a different story.

Wrong. Wwb is an inferior round. It's not just as good as any legitimate carry ammo. Shooting 200 rounds of hst at a time is pretty expensive, so I resort to stuff like wwb and umc for target shooting.

If anything, it causes malfunctions which need to be practiced. If it was dangerous malfunctions, that would be a different story.

I think you missed the sarcasm there. In no way do I think anything that’s inferior is “just as good”

In a self defense situation ANY malfunction is a dangerous and potentially deadly malfunction. Always use the best of the best, not the best in your opinion, if you are going to bet your life on it.

My buddy and I split a case of WWB 115gr from SGammo. We both found a few rounds in our case that looked like your picture. We ALSO had 2-4 duds each out of 100 rounds shot avg that wouldnt fire. Primer was engaged but nothing. Im thinking Winchester may have had a bad Lot of ammo get through. Because I have shot THOUSANDS of rounds of WWB Ammo without ANY issues.

Like someone above said. It gives you the opportunity to practice malfunction drills. Lol

I had multiple issues going on...

Bad ammo was one
The more ominous problem that I discovered while cleaning my gun was the broken extractor. It was my first magazine when the malfunctions began. Thank God this happened at the range and not when I really needed it.

Hopefully sig will send me an extractor quickly without much trouble. I have to say that my confidence in the gun has taken a hit.

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• IMG_20190331_155814.jpg
    IMG_20190331_155814.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom