• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did y'all hear all form one suppressors were just cancelled

wow first I'm hearing about this. Thats crazy. I thought you'd just serialize the tube which is basically just a tube and then when the Form 1 comes back you put whatever baffles in there right? How is a hollow tube a suppressor?

wow first I'm hearing about this. Thats crazy. I thought you'd just serialize the tube which is basically just a tube and then when the Form 1 comes back you put whatever baffles in there right? How is a hollow tube a suppressor?

Apparently the AFT has decided that this line in the definition of a silencer

"ANY COMBINATION OF PARTS, DESIGNED OR REDESIGNED, AND INTENDED FOR USE IN ASSEMBLING OR FABRICATING A FIREARM SILENCER OR FIREARM MUFFLER [is a silencer]"

means that any part or raw material that you intend to use to make a suppressor is itself a suppressor and that you cannot lawfully possess without being an SOT. According to them a blank tube is a suppressor if you intend to make it into one.

I don't see how this applies to filing a form and then purchasing the supplies, but apparently those count too now according to the AFT.

They're trying to kill form 1 suppressors entirely with this, make it so only SOT's can manufacture them.

Apparently the AFT has decided that this line in the definition of a silencer

"ANY COMBINATION OF PARTS, DESIGNED OR REDESIGNED, AND INTENDED FOR USE IN ASSEMBLING OR FABRICATING A FIREARM SILENCER OR FIREARM MUFFLER [is a silencer]"

means that any part or raw material that you intend to use to make a suppressor is itself a suppressor and that you cannot lawfully possess without being an SOT. According to them a blank tube is a suppressor if you intend to make it into one.

I don't see how this applies to filing a form and then purchasing the supplies, but apparently those count too now according to the AFT.

They're trying to kill form 1 suppressors entirely with this, make it so only SOT's can manufacture them.

The devil is in the details:

"ANY COMBINATION OF PARTS" - combination meaning a joining or merging of different parts; parts with an "s" meaning more than one.

I've never Form 1'd a suppressor but from what I understand from Form 1 SBR, constructive intent, the serializing of suppressor tubes for the purpose of repairs to baffles and the like you should be able to form 1 the hollow tube. A piece of tube is just a piece of tube, how does a piece of tube equal suppressor. If by that logic then most Americans are in possession of unregistered suppressors since I'm sure most people have a length of tube in their possession. I dont see how, with an iota of common sense, this is happening. Or am I missing something?

The devil is in the details:

"ANY COMBINATION OF PARTS" - combination meaning a joining or merging of different parts; parts with an "s" meaning more than one.

I've never Form 1'd a suppressor but from what I understand from Form 1 SBR, constructive intent, the serializing of suppressor tubes for the purpose of repairs to baffles and the like you should be able to form 1 the hollow tube. A piece of tube is just a piece of tube, how does a piece of tube equal suppressor. If by that logic then most Americans are in possession of unregistered suppressors since I'm sure most people have a length of tube in their possession. I dont see how, with an iota of common sense, this is happening. Or am I missing something?

This right here is your problem area. Government and those words dont EVER belong together.

Back
Top Bottom