• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Volkswagen??

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone got one?

I live in a place where we don't need to do emissions and I am wondering about diesel VWs....

Anyone have experiences with them?

I have owned a couple VW TDI's and loved them. Awesome fuel economy and awesome torque. With that said, if you are not capable of working on it yourself, it will cost you a fortune to own and maintain. If you can work on it yourself then you are good to go. I suggest you get on tdiclub.com and read. My first TDI was a 2002 Golf with the ALH engine. I drove it for 5 years and absolutely loved the car. In the time I owned it, I replaced the clutch, timing belt, upgraded the turbo, upgraded the injectors, brakes, etc. I sold that car and bought a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen. Once again, I loved the car and had no complaints with it. Maintenance can be expensive if you go with the DSG transmission but it is only once every 40k miles and you can DIY it for around $100. I suggest you purchase a VCDS cable and learn how to use it. It will save you a ton of money in the long run. I ended up selling my Jetta back to VW as part of the emissions scandal and made a pretty penny off of it.

Anyone got one?

I live in a place where we don't need to do emissions and I am wondering about diesel VWs....

Anyone have experiences with them?
If you plan on owning ANY VW aside from the air cooled stuff from the 60s/70s then by all means make it a TDI. They get crazy high MPGs . And they're less problematic than the gas engines.

Got 2.0 TDI, manual right now.

Selling it back to VW. Money are too good. but i know I'll miss it.
Done all the maintenance my self, got VCDS.
Maintenance might be high. But Compare to other German cars, it's not bad. You get what you pay for.

You wont be able to buy 2.0 tdi right now. You wont be able to beat what VW is offering me.

Got 2.0 TDI, manual right now.

Selling it back to VW. Money are too good. but i know I'll miss it.
Done all the maintenance my self, got VCDS.
Maintenance might be high. But Compare to other German cars, it's not bad. You get what you pay for.

You wont be able to buy 2.0 tdi right now. You wont be able to beat what VW is offering me.
Exactly this. I knew I would never see the kind of money VW offered for my car which is why I let them have it back. Loved that car though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom