• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DILLON 750XL - The new kid on the block

Which reload kit...in your opinion is the best?

• Dillon 650XL

• Dillon 750XL

• Hornady Ammo Plant

• RCBS - Pro Chuckler 7 (you cant beat 7 holes)

• RCBS - Pro Chuckler 5 (if you need more than 5 holes, you have 3 holes too many)

• Single Stage: One at a time. Quality Matters

• Tacos

• Dillons all the way: for all those I missed...Square B, 450 and 550

Results are only viewable after voting.
well I bought one of the 750s as I load a ton of 45s.. I've owned all kinds of progressive reloaders over the years.. Star, CPM, C&H, and Dillons. Currently have three 550s that have worked well for me.. the 750 is a big step up from the 550s. setup is easy and I only had to adjust the case feeder a touch to get it perfect from the factory. with limited run time the primer system has been perfect.. improved design over the 550 and it sits in it's own station so no primer dust or errant primers to clog up the works. is it better than the 650?? maybe, but it's safer. no primer chain explosions leading to the tube and up the tube. just not possible.. Also no need for a unused primer tray. If the primer is not used such as starting the system it simply stays in the primer arm waiting for a case. causes no problems at all.. just like the 550. Overall the unit is Very smooth and very solid.

I didn't order it with the electric case feeder so I modified and old Freeloader to work on it.. they are nothing more than a melanite bowl with a hole in the center, a plastic flange glued to the base of the bowl to align the case tube and a funnel glued to the bowl to hold the case tube.. they work perfectly compared to the current 4 tube Lee case feeder. I used one for years and never had an upside down case.

well I bought one of the 750s as I load a ton of 45s.. I've owned all kinds of progressive reloaders over the years.. Star, CPM, C&H, and Dillons. Currently have three 550s that have worked well for me.. the 750 is a big step up from the 550s. setup is easy and I only had to adjust the case feeder a touch to get it perfect from the factory. with limited run time the primer system has been perfect.. improved design over the 550 and it sits in it's own station so no primer dust or errant primers to clog up the works. is it better than the 650?? maybe, but it's safer. no primer chain explosions leading to the tube and up the tube. just not possible.. Also no need for a unused primer tray. If the primer is not used such as starting the system it simply stays in the primer arm waiting for a case. causes no problems at all.. just like the 550. Overall the unit is Very smooth and very solid.

I didn't order it with the electric case feeder so I modified and old Freeloader to work on it.. they are nothing more than a melanite bowl with a hole in the center, a plastic flange glued to the base of the bowl to align the case tube and a funnel glued to the bowl to hold the case tube.. they work perfectly compared to the current 4 tube Lee case feeder. I used one for years and never had an upside down case.
Thanks for the input. I use a 1050 (old one) and a 650 and love them even though I spent a bit of time cursing both until I figured them out. I was a two-Ruck Chucker guy for decades until I bought a used 1050 in 2014. I wish I'd gone progressive much earlier. The 650 is a faster press for me and I'm going to add a Mr. Bullet Feeder to it like I did the 1050. Dillon customer service has been outstanding in all respects, just like ATK (RCBS).

Back
Top Bottom