• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do I need a less-than-lethal weapon in my home?

No need to. My wife or daughter had let the cable and Terminix guys in while I was in my office and the third guy was there to do a job that the contractor, that I know and trust (He had a key), had told him to do.
They are letting people in your home and you are unaware? And you "mid drew" a gun on them? Just a suggestion, but perhaps y'all might want to give a shout to each other when you do that going forward.

:pound: I tend to know when I hire out services and have people coming over. How in the world are these people getting in your home?!?! :wacko: I'm glad you didn't shoot the kid. So is he.
I've lived in this particular home over 17 years and have NEVER had an unexpected person in my home all those times. (Closest was the exterminator in the back yard. He's still alive and I never pointed a gun at him because shockingly, I immediately recognized what he was doing.) Three times in the last year?!?! :shocked: You're on a heck of a run man! ;)
See post #127.

We moved in here a year ago and there's been a lot of activity getting things they way we want them. That's life.

See post #127.

We moved in here a year ago and there's been a lot of activity getting things they way we want them. That's life.
I read it. It doesn't apply and would never apply to my home, I don't care if I moved in 5 minutes ago. I know who is in my home at all times. It keeps me from shooting innocent people.

They are letting people in your home and you are unaware? And you "mid drew" a gun on them? Just a suggestion, but perhaps y'all might want to give a shout to each other when you do that going forward.
When I'm in my office I'm doing business (or on ODT :rolleyes:) and they know not to disturb me unless it's important.

Weapon never cleared the holster on the first two.

I'll bet the vast majority of people can't say that.
I moved to my Mountain 17 yrs ago to get away from the masses..You come down my 1/4 mile driveway you best be invited or UPS USPS Or Fedx . I like being out of site and not bothered. I did have some Old women that wanted to hand me a pamphlet of the torch. I told them several time politely to not come back..I solved that problem the last time, I answered the door with no pants..They did not return! Problem solved

When I'm in my office I'm doing business (or on ODT :rolleyes:) and they know not to disturb me unless it's important.
Thou shalt not disturb the ODT surfing!
Seriously man... if I half drew on TWO different people in my own home that were innocents, I'd SERIOUSLY consider some new protocols to avoid a tragic mistake. All joking aside, I'm being VERY serious. I can't even imagine that.

I read it. It doesn't apply and would never apply to my home, I don't care if I moved in 5 minutes ago. I know who is in my home at all times. It keeps me from shooting innocent people.
I knew the contractor would be working that day, but because his vehicle was gone I thought he had finished for the day and everyone had left.

Back
Top Bottom