• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do I need a less-than-lethal weapon in my home?

The ONLY time I'm drawing and not using "might" be in a public situation going bad, from cover, where I'm not sure of the outcome. In my own home, again, there's no decision needed. You're an intruder, you get shot.
You and I live under different circumstances obviously. I don't have anyone in my home without my knowledge. Our respective responses appear to be working for both of us so to each their own. Although I don't have a cable guy, an exterminator or a kid working for a contractor I hired half scared out of their wits for absolutely no reason, but that's just a side benefit. What you did to the kid classifies as assault (pointing a gun at someone is still assault correct?) just as much as me shooting an "innocent" intruder would classify as homicide, if not more so.
It's much easier to justify my assault than your manslaughter.

Yeah, no. I promise you, if I find an intruder in my home, I WILL be in fear for my life as I've already explained. If the jury thinks I'm negligent so be it. I'm more than willing to look them in the eye. I'm starting to wonder if you and Bear have a habit of wandering into people's homes uninvited and this is somehow reasonable behavior to you. Most of the stories I'm familiar with about strangers entering homes, aren't because the stranger(s) is delivering fresh baked cookies...
I think Ken and I just understand the law better than a lot of people here are willing to.

Also:
"Most of the stories I'm familiar with about strangers entering homes"

Most? So what percentage of the stories in which you would have killed someone were about legitimate entries?

It's much easier to justify my assault than your manslaughter.
I'm not the one with people frequently in my home without my knowledge and repeatedly grabbing my gun. You are the one that's going to have to explain your unreasonable behavior. Why don't you just draw your gun on people at the mall? Apparently you know them just as well.
I know everyone in my home and therefore never assaulted anyone. I'm funny like that.
Have a good night Bear. Sleep well. And put that gun up before you hurt someone! :p

I'm not the one with people frequently in my home without my knowledge and repeatedly grabbing my gun. You are the one that's going to have to explain your unreasonable behavior. Why don't you just draw your gun on people at the mall? Apparently you know them just as well.
I know everyone in my home and therefore never assaulted anyone. I'm funny like that.
Have a good night Bear. Sleep well. And put that gun up before you hurt someone! :p
And you keep living like a monk in your perfectly structured world while being unprepared to react if the need arises.

You realize that even summer44 is now pointing out exceptions to killing anyone found in his home unexpectedly, right?

Yea there are always exception. Like when you go to pull that gun on the wrong service guy and he puts one in your head. And then is justified cause your wife let him in and you pulled on him for no reason. And pointing a firearm at that 20 something kid is a felony it is called aggravated assault. You claim to know the law better than the rest of us. So you knowing commited a felony.

Yeah, no. I promise you, if I find an intruder in my home, I WILL be in fear for my life as I've already explained. If the jury thinks I'm negligent so be it. I'm more than willing to look them in the eye. I'm starting to wonder if you and Bear have a habit of wandering into people's homes uninvited and this is somehow reasonable behavior to you. Most of the stories I'm familiar with about strangers entering homes, aren't because the stranger(s) is delivering fresh baked cookies...

I think you live in a self imposed bubble, I don't. You think I just make up the examples I relate? No, I worked most of them, and approved the reports of officers that were under my watch. Also lots of networking, and I watch the news. While it doesn't get the headlines it confused people walk int the wrong house a lot. Google it.

I guess under your reasoning, I could invite someone I thought was doing my wife into my house and claim he was their uninvited and just kill him.
Or invite some wandering homeless man into my home and just kill him to see what it feels like... Oh yeah, the law already thought of that when it said you must be in reasonable (real not assumed) fear of your life or of that of your loved ones.

I bet you are a hoot at a surprise party.

Yea there are always exception. Like when you go to pull that gun on the wrong service guy and he puts one in your head. And then is justified cause your wife let him in and you pulled on him for no reason. And pointing a firearm at that 20 something kid is a felony it is called aggravated assault. You claim to know the law better than the rest of us. So you knowing commited a felony.
As I said, the gun never cleared the holster on either service guy. As for the 20 something, it IS reasonable to draw a weapon on a stranger in your home with no other cause for drawing it. It IS NOT reasonable to kill them for just being there.

I think you live in a self imposed bubble, I don't. You think I just make up the examples I relate? No, I worked most of them, and approved the reports of officers that were under my watch. Also lots of networking, and I watch the news. While it doesn't get the headlines it confused people walk int the wrong house a lot. Google it.

I guess under your reasoning, I could invite someone I thought was doing my wife into my house and claim he was their uninvited and just kill him.
Or invite some wandering homeless man into my home and just kill him to see what it feels like... Oh yeah, the law already thought of that when it said you must be in reasonable (real not assumed) fear of your life or of that of your loved ones.

I bet you are a hoot at a surprise party.
"I bet you are a hoot at a surprise party."

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Back
Top Bottom