• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do I need a less-than-lethal weapon in my home?

Dude you were in violation of the law. And now that you have posted on the
Internet that you have either pointed your weapon or started a draw on 3 occasions in the last year, if you do have to shoot someone it isn't going to look good for u. You keep writing sh t happens, no it doesnt, not 3 times, you cause it to happen with a reckless attitude. I get your point about you just can't shoot someone who wandered into your house by mistake through an unlocked door. You just can't seem to concede that it would be reasonable to shoot someone who entered your home drunk in the middle of the night. The burden isnt on you to establish why someone is in your home unauthorized in the middle of the night
LMAO!!! Read your post!

In on breath you say I was in the wrong for drawing my weapon and in the next you say it would have been justified to kill them. WTF?

LMAO!!! Read your post!

In on breath you say I was in the wrong for drawing my weapon and in the next you say it would have been justified to kill them. WTF?

The kid was in your home invited by your contractor whom you gave access and control of your home , You would not have been justified!! A little late for you to act like you do't understand now. Jezz man. you pointed a firearm at someone whom had been given legal access to your home! Because you were either ill informed about who was in your home ( which is your own fault) or reckless cause you think it is too much of an inconveniece to know who has access to your home. And apparently this is a normal occurrence and is acceptable behavior to you. So yea WTF, That's not a pencil you are pointing its a firearm the sends a projectile somewhere between 800 and 1300 fps that will kill a man dead. But it's no big deal right, just sh-t happens.

Bear, love the turning of my statement. You do that well. For the record, I don't feel I have to justify anything to you or anyone else. BTW, I mentioned my house, not my property. There is a huge difference being on someone's property and being in someone's house, and you know it. But, you wanted to turn my words. Look Bear, you can protect yourself anyway you want. If you want to have tea with an intruder, go ahead. I just love your arrogance in believing you are the enlightened one, and your ideas on what I or we should do with or to an intruder is the path we all should follow.

Sorry Bear, the more you try and justify you position in a totally hypothetical situation is, well, laughable. I will say this about your and my position on intruders, I hope we never have to face that situation.
Man, you missed the point of my last post to you. It was meant to be an exaggeration of what you said, because that's what you did to my statement.

"I guess I could ask "what are you doing here, can I get you a drink?"." Sound familiar? That's just the most obvious thing. I never said anything about giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I have always made it clear I would gain control of the situation, but that does not necessarily include killing someone. It especially does not include killing them for no other reason than they are in my house.

Though I don't think you have done this, some the posts in this thread are an example of seriously cloudy thinking. The same people that have promoted the idea of killing anyone they find in their home uninvited are also condemning me for drawing my weapon (but not killing them) in the exact same circumstance. If hypocrisy was bull****, I'd be able to fertilize a large farm with what has been posted here.

The kid was in your home invited by your contractor whom you gave access and control of your home , You would not have been justified!! A little late for you to act like you do't understand now. Jezz man. you pointed a firearm at someone whom had been given legal access to your home! Because you were either ill informed about who was in your home ( which is your own fault) or reckless cause you think it is too much of an inconveniece to know who has access to your home. And apparently this is a normal occurrence and is acceptable behavior to you. So yea WTF, That's not a pencil you are pointing its a firearm the sends a projectile somewhere between 800 and 1300 fps that will kill a man dead. But it's no big deal right, just sh-t happens.
You don't seem to understand the difference between drawing your weapon and actually using it. Maybe that's the issue here. The velocity of the bullet and how deadly it is is not an issue if it doesn't get fired. Don't forget that by your standard you would have actually killed him... because of a miscommunication. But I forget that your home is so perfectly organized and controlled that you can bet someone else's life on perfection of communication. Yeah, right.

Bear 44 my intent has not been to attack you personally. I just am of the thought if you are justified in pointing a firearm at someone then you are justified at pulling the trigger. That doesn't mean you have to shoot. I believe if the threat hasn't reach a level that justifies shooting it doesn't justify pointing either. What's morally correct and what is legally Justified is not always the same

You guys need to study the definition of "Reasonable Cause". It justifies me drawing a weapon on a stranger in my home for just being there. It does not justify killing him.

This is just ridiculous. You guys are saying "Kill him!", but when I say, "I just covered him with my weapon.", you're all over it talking about how I broke the law and am being reckless. How can I argue with that logic? :pound:

Bear 44 my intent has not been to attack you personally. I just am of the thought if you are justified in pointing a firearm at someone then you are justified at pulling the trigger. That doesn't mean you have to shoot. I believe if the threat hasn't reach a level that justifies shooting it doesn't justify pointing either. What's morally correct and what is legally Justified is not always the same
All I can say is that you're wrong. There is a huge step, both morally and legally, between drawing a weapon and killing someone.

Back
Top Bottom