• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do I need a less-than-lethal weapon in my home?

Gosh Bear, are you really saying that a stranger in your house, not a service guy in a uniform or anything like that, with unknown intentions, should be given the benefit of the doubt as to whether they want to do bodily harm to you or your family? I guess I could ask "what are you doing here, can I get you a drink?". Sorry Bear, not with you on this one. I hope no one on here has to go through that situation.

Gosh Bear, are you really saying that a stranger in your house, not a service guy in a uniform or anything like that, with unknown intentions, should be given the benefit of the doubt as to whether they want to do bodily harm to you or your family? I guess I could ask "what are you doing here, can I get you a drink?". Sorry Bear, not with you on this one. I hope no one on here has to go through that situation.
Like he says, **** happens. Acutaully happens a lot. Just google "confused man walked into wrong house"

I love how people try to justify their stance by distorting the opposing opinion. I guess an equivalent response would be something like:

Gosh JWC, are you really saying that anyone on your property should be killed immediately because they might become a threat at any given moment and that you shouldn't pay any attention to what they say or what credentials they have because all of that could be faked.

I'm sure this reflects your opinion about as well as your post reflects mine.

My ax handle is up to the challenge.

View attachment 1327145

Bonus points for melinneals who can ID the guy on the right.

Got one in the closet. My grandfather gave it to me many years ago. It already had stains and dents in it? But with 3 small children in my house you are getting smoked as soon as you force your way in. I live on top of a hill on 2 acres. Wandering in by accident doesnt happen here.

About 20 years ago, I was semi awake in my recliner one evening and my neighbor's 4 year-old kid slipped into my house and walked right up to the arm of my chair before I knew he was there.

I didn't shoot him. I didn't even whack him but after I walked him home and gave him back to his dad, I started thinking about all kinds of "what ifs". Since then I've been a lot more careful about keeping my doors locked so just anybody can't walk in on me and surprise me. Safer for me and for them.

Now, if someone enters my house forcibly, I'm not likely to ask a whole lot of questions.

As I said, the gun never cleared the holster on either service guy. As for the 20 something, it IS reasonable to draw a weapon on a stranger in your home with no other cause for drawing it. It IS NOT reasonable to kill them for just being there.

Dude you were in violation of the law. And now that you have posted on the
Internet that you have either pointed your weapon or started a draw on 3 occasions in the last year, if you do have to shoot someone it isn't going to look good for u. You keep writing sh t happens, no it doesnt, not 3 times, you cause it to happen with a reckless attitude. I get your point about you just can't shoot someone who wandered into your house by mistake through an unlocked door. You just can't seem to concede that it would be reasonable to shoot someone who entered your home drunk in the middle of the night. The burden isnt on you to establish why someone is in your home unauthorized in the middle of the night

I love how people try to justify their stance by distorting the opposing opinion. I guess an equivalent response would be something like:

Gosh JWC, are you really saying that anyone on your property should be killed immediately because they might become a threat at any given moment and that you shouldn't pay any attention to what they say or what credentials they have because all of that could be faked.

I'm sure this reflects your opinion about as well as your post reflects mine.

Bear, love the turning of my statement. You do that well. For the record, I don't feel I have to justify anything to you or anyone else. BTW, I mentioned my house, not my property. There is a huge difference being on someone's property and being in someone's house, and you know it. But, you wanted to turn my words. Look Bear, you can protect yourself anyway you want. If you want to have tea with an intruder, go ahead. I just love your arrogance in believing you are the enlightened one, and your ideas on what I or we should do with or to an intruder is the path we all should follow.

Sorry Bear, the more you try and justify you position in a totally hypothetical situation is, well, laughable. I will say this about your and my position on intruders, I hope we never have to face that situation.

Got one in the closet. My grandfather gave it to me many years ago. It already had stains and dents in it? But with 3 small children in my house you are getting smoked as soon as you force your way in. I live on top of a hill on 2 acres. Wandering in by accident doesnt happen here.
Yes it does, less likely, but possible.
It might only take a fraction of a second and can be done with weapon in hand and ready to use, but some measure of assessment needs to be taken before deadly force is applied.

Back
Top Bottom