• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do Unicorns really exist....maybe???

Ok should have pics of side (without scope mount) by this evening. Interestingly enough he said he thinks he might have the conical brake and is going to look for that. He was confused about the scope as he mentioned he thought it came directly from Kengs, which he thought was imported by them from China, but I saw in the earlier post it was mentioned none of those made it in to USA...again this is way out of the realm of my knowledge on these so I am just passing along info as I get it. Thanks for all the info.

Ok, some additional info from the other site bigt61 referred me to, thanks for that by the way. Seems the gentleman there confirmed what you indicated GoNoGo, so again I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Here is his synopsis, which I am sharing for the additional info, which appears closer to getting this “mystery” solved.

“The pics on the link you provided show up a lot better for me to see what he is talking about.Very glad you asked and posted the link,i missed that until you provided the link

Looking at it i can see the original hole in the receiver and while it does appear to be a Chinese mount and scope i am going to have to agree with the guy on the other forum.

The base mount is wrong,my apologies for not looking at it closer.I just saw the scope mount and not the base.

Here is what it should look like

Value i gave originally is lower.Still a fine rifle.Maybe the seller has the original mount?

New adjusted value-

$1500-1800 the brake is still $150 extra.Not a collector piece unless he has the original base for the scope mount and then you would have to find someone to put it back on correctly,then fill in the holes which are probably drilled into the receiver.If you want a great shooter,buy it.Pass if you want an investment or collector.If he had used the 2 original holes value wouldnt be that big of a hit.”

I am hoping my friend can track down the conical brake as well. Feel one step closer to putting the puzzle together. Still waiting on pics with the scope mount removed but I am guessing it is as you mentioned GoNoGo, with the “extra” holes.

Back
Top Bottom