• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you agree with the court?? Open Carry

Not all stupidity is criminal.
So you agree that the court's standard is wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Not wing charged does not equal not doing anything wrong.

I agree with that, whole heartedly. I'm really trying to focus on the court's standard here and not a judgement on this guys behavior. It's pretty well understood, even by the courts, that he did nothing illegal, but was a jackass.

But with this precedence it sets a whole new limitations on what you can carry without expecting harassment. This probably would have never been an issue if it wasn't for this loser, but the protection of our rights have come at the defense of some sickos before because we understand that court decisions are about the law as it applies to everyone. keep in mind we feel Miranda rights are fairly important and Miranda kidnapped and sexually assaulted someone.

Last edited:
You know, I think there is a point where the right to do something crosses a line that makes it vital that you be stopped from execising your rights.

Here's the issue, you keep acting as though he committed a crime. Fire in a movie theater IS illegal, what he did is not. If orange tips on real guns were illegal this would be easy. He wasn't charged with anything.

He wasn't charged with anything yet he wants to piss and moan that his rights were violated. If you could charge people with stupidity he would've been in jail for a long time. I'm all for open carry and conceal carry, but these idiots are just out looking to cause a stir and to try and take someone to court. It's not about their rights, these MF's are out to get money and 15 seconds of YouTube fame. "my rights were violated, I think it should cost someone X amount of money to make it right". That's all these pricks want, the almighty dollar. Now, if they got the piss eat out of them for no reason, heck yeah pay em. Not because they went out looking for trouble.

The courts standard? I agree that his rights were not violated. He was detained for questioning/verification. He created a situation which put reasonable citizens in fear and the law enforcement officers detained him no longer than required to ascertain his status. POerhaps the LEOs might be netter informed about the recent changes to the law and have a better knowledge of which guns are what class, but when youi go trolling for trouble you deserve to get what you ask for. Personally, I think we, the gun owning public should want to take some idiot like that out and beat the crap out of him so that we never have to fight to prevent/repeal some law that the left crams down our throats using knee-jerk fear reaction to some idjit running up and down the road with a bazooka "cause it's legal".

We either police ourselves or someone else will. I personally prefer to exercise common sense and empathy for the sensibilities of the average person when carrying rather than throw "shock" value at them to prove some point.

Sounds like the big problem here is that this dude is a complete tool.
GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH....

What do you think people said when Miranda who kidnapped and sexually assaulted someone? did they go well he's a cockbag serves him right his rights weren't read to him.... of course they did he was a huge stinking cock sandwich! But in the end, especially at a federal level we have to separate him from this and look at how they intend to apply the law, since one day that standard will be applied to us. Anyway I'm done arguing this until I can get ahold of a full copy of the decision.

The courts standard? I agree that his rights were not violated. He was detained for questioning/verification. He created a situation which put reasonable citizens in fear and the law enforcement officers detained him no longer than required to ascertain his status. POerhaps the LEOs might be netter informed about the recent changes to the law and have a better knowledge of which guns are what class, but when youi go trolling for trouble you deserve to get what you ask for. Personally, I think we, the gun owning public should want to take some idiot like that out and beat the crap out of him so that we never have to fight to prevent/repeal some law that the left crams down our throats using knee-jerk fear reaction to some idjit running up and down the road with a bazooka "cause it's legal".

We either police ourselves or someone else will. I personally prefer to exercise common sense and empathy for the sensibilities of the average person when carrying rather than throw "shock" value at them to prove some point.

So you agree that one can be detained and searched(the frisk is the core of his complaint) for carrying while wearing camo, and of course the orange tip.

So you agree that one can be detained and searched(the frisk is the core of his complaint) for carrying while wearing camo, and of course the orange tip.

I don't give a **** if your wearing big floppy shoes and a red nose that honks. I also couldn't care less if the whole gun is candy apple red with hot pink polka dots...if you're sportin' an AK and scaring the hell out of people don't be surprised if a cop askes you about it.

I know this is a tuff concept but being a dumbass has consequenses. If a simple little Q&A session is all, be ****ing happy.

Back
Top Bottom