• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you believe in Zombies?

blgreggjr

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
34   2
Reaction score
Zombies, what a lame attempt of the firearms industry to sell more weapons and ammo. I'm not complaining its kind of cool I guess. So, how many people actually buy this? I mean the CDC even embelished it on the CDC webpage. Well, my definition of Zombies and the appocolypse are simple. Everyone remember hurricane Katrina? Mass looting, Govt meltdown, no law, murder, etc. When the **** hits the fan and everything hits an all time low you WILL do everything possible to feed and keep your family alive. In order to live you have survive. Everyone has guns and are trying to survive. Thats alot of dead people. We are zombies in that sense .........

Zombies is another world for the the morally deficient and dumb that will go into chaos in emergency.

They will likely have rudimentary arms, I mean come one they will spawn in the city, just like infectious disease would spread fastest in, where many are not as armed or self dependent. They will attempt to thrive off of others until they literally starve from incompetence in a world without supermarkets and handouts.

And Zombies will use their arms or nearby objects as they have serious brain damage, have strongholds in cities where they have greater numbers to eat from (steal from), and they are completely reliant upon other humans for resource and will starve due to the inability to create their own food.

No one denies the human element zombies carry, in fact they have only their basic instinct to survive and some defense, but what separates zombies from humans are those who were able to make it on their own, think beyond "today". Zombie movies are stories of survival and almost always show the difference between the strong and the weak, Zombies are a reflection of human dependency on technology, government, medicine, etc.... a tale of Human survival of the fittest. So no, the gun toting survivalist are not the zombies, they are the humans who still have reason, the epitome of human excellence according to Socrates, and they have the only true freedom while others live under the assumption of freedom.

Last edited:
Infectious reanimated flesh that can perform complex muscular movement? - No.

Cannibalistic bands that survive by killing, looting, and eating those around? Could happen. We've seen similar or worse behavior in recent human history by both individuals and groups. (While I would normally not source it, it's easiest to look at the Wikipedia article on Cannibalism, read some of the recent accounts and see if you can keep from getting queasy) Something like "The Road" or "Escape from LA / NY" could happen given the wrong chain of events. Could you imagine the panic and fallout if say Iran and Israel starting nuking each other and tried/did Nuke us? What if the entire US power grid went out and couldn't be restored for weeks/months? What if a low orbit Nuke was set off (or we rocketed a nuclear missle incoming to the US but it still went off in the atmosphere) and EMP fried everything electronic in the US? We're used to knowing what's going on with TV and the Internet - people would freak and panic ala Katrina. Grocery stores would be barren in a few weeks from spoiling due to lack of refrigeration and/or looting. Gas would get scarce as you can't pump gas without electronics / electricity these days. Things could go South quicker than folks realize now that we have such a specialized dependency driven complex society. Do I think someone will try to eat me in less than a month of no power, probably not but I'm sure there'd be more than a few that'd kill me and my group and try to loot whatever I had.

Isn't a "lame attempt" an unsuccessful half-assed try at something?

Seems like an industry making some money capitalizing on modern
culture, and poking a little fun at ourselves at the same time?

ya, dianne frankenstein is still around i think

i believe they are a great plot device or idea for certain stories, but alot of the time the zombie stuff is over the top

i was a huge zombie fanatic several years ago, was a regular poster at allthingszombie.com

but i have stopped caring as much. hell the latest batch of walking dead comics have sucked (the show is ok, never got into it). i mean the first 13 or so compilations are pretty good, but after that it becomes a freakin drama show. its like desperate housewives or some non-sense with zombies. big deal (honestly, its the same story. someone dies, someone new is introduced, and the existing characters swap out lovers. its to predictable. and the zombies at this point are a non-issue. i just dont like where its going)

sorry went off on a tangent but i have yet to be impressed by anything that has come out in the last 3 or 4 years regarding zombies. even george romerros newest films have sucked ass to a whole new degree, the only saving grace is sometimes a cool zombie kill or gun is used, but mostly its boring and aims for a deeper meaning. which is the problem with the newer zombie stories, is they arent really zombie stories but plots that are typically dry and to spice it up they add zombies.

you could say the same thing about jersey shore. its successful but its also complete trash and it sucks (plus its lame)

people are stupid and will like things as a whole if its marketed enough for the most part

you could say the same thing about jersey shore. its successful but its also complete trash and it sucks (plus its lame)

people are stupid and will like things as a whole if its marketed enough for the most part

Back
Top Bottom