Do you ever practice shooting your carry pistol WITHOUT ear protection?

Do you ever practice shooting your carry pistol without ear protection

• Total voters
Spent enough time near artillery in the Marines and my hearing is questionable at times, no need to make it any worse. Sometimes I even wear plugs and muffs.

I shot thousands of rounds out of rifles, pistols, and shotguns in my youth without hearing protection. I also had loud cars with loud car stereos too as a youngster.

I'm in my mid 30's now and if I'm shooting I am wearing ear pro. I duck hunt some but I don't wear protection when I'm out in the swamps. When I fire my shotgun my ears no longer ring from the report. I guess that is a bad thing. At night my ears ring badly so I know that I have Tinnitus. I have to run a fan at night or some kind of sound to drown it out or I'll go nuts.

I've done it a few times just to see how loud a certain pistol is, but it's not something I do regularly.

And yes, .357 sig out of a G33 without earplugs will leave your ears ringing. I don't think it really "hurts", but it takes your sense of hearing out of commission.

a 22 match rifle isn't very loud compared to most anything out there but it hurt my hearing when I shot Matches in HS and college .. I have constant ringing that I simply have gotten used to..fail any hearing test.

don't be stupid..

1 round in a hunting rifle won't hurt you but constant shots will

you're just kidding yourself with any excuse not to use hearing protection

Back
Top Bottom