• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you think that the ODT...

Do you think that the ODT is overly moderated and home to the protected Craigslisters???

• Yes

Votes: 51 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just watching this thread and I have one comment that someone needs to make..so I will do it because there are so many mods reading in here.

There was a past thread where some mods were complaining they didn't get the respect they deserve....from that and from some things I've seen in this thread. I have this to say....you may not care , that's fine but you should do yourself a favor and think about it ..response comments aren't necessary and I won't engage in banter about it.

When people who are mods , or admins. or whatever in a positions of keeping the site clean and focused..engage in smart xxx comments, name calling, violating privacy, and intimidation and insult, YOU are engaging in the same conduct that you discipline members for...THAT is why there are "respect" issues. You can't expect, nor will you receive any "respect" when you do that.
Take few lessons from Stonewall and Ken Ford....they do their job, they enforce the rules but they act "professional" about it and they don't engage in the same conduct they issue infractions for and they don't target members , they enforce the rules impartially, fairly and they move on...they don't take things personally and they don't respond to members in condescending, intimidating or insulting fashion...THEY HAVE RESPECT and no one harbors ill feelings when they get tagged by them , they know if those guys tag you , you asked for it because they know how to exercise authority properly.
THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY!

No the basment folks just have a flavor of the week when it comes to mods. Stonewall was on the ****list for a long time now butter wouldn't melt in you alls mouth when it comes to him. Then it was Vhinch that was the awful no good dirty mod, I guess its my turn.

I RARELY post anything and its exceedingly rare that I post anything negative with the exception of the last two days. I have been here longer then you and have half the post count So call it what you would like.

I'm just watching this thread and I have one comment that someone needs to make..so I will do it because there are so many mods reading in here.

There was a past thread where some mods were complaining they didn't get the respect they deserve....from that and from some things I've seen in this thread. I have this to say....you may not care , that's fine but you should do yourself a favor and think about it ..response comments aren't necessary and I won't engage in banter about it.

When people who are mods , or admins. or whatever in a positions of keeping the site clean and focused..engage in smart xxx comments, name calling, violating privacy, and intimidation and insult, YOU are engaging in the same conduct that you discipline members for...THAT is why there are "respect" issues. You can't expect, nor will you receive any "respect" when you do that.
Take few lessons from Stonewall and Ken Ford....they do their job, they enforce the rules but they act "professional" about it and they don't engage in the same conduct they issue infractions for and they don't target members , they enforce the rules impartially, fairly and they move on...they don't take things personally and they don't respond to members in condescending, intimidating or insulting fashion...THEY HAVE RESPECT and no one harbors ill feelings when they get tagged by them , they know if those guys tag you , you asked for it because they know how to exercise authority properly.
THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY!
well said Mt badger but dont expect responses from em.They hate to see the truth in print and avoid i at all costs.No respect,you have to earn respect.Salute Stonewall and Ken. See some just wont let it go.

No the basment folks just have a flavor of the week when it comes to mods. Stonewall was on the ****list for a long time now butter wouldn't melt in you alls mouth when it comes to him. Then it was Vhinch that was the awful no good dirty mod, I guess its my turn.

I RARELY post anything and its exceedingly rare that I post anything negative with the exception of the last two days. I have been here longer then you and have half the post count So call it what you would like.

You've always been really cut and dry with me, which pissed me off when I used to collect infractions. An infraction from Soviet, Jdgreen, or some others usually wan't bad because they'd explain it a little to me.

when you shoot into a pack of dogs the one that squalls is the one who got hit...and no one was named, hahaha

THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY!

VERY well said!

THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY!
So we are not allowed to have an opinion or express it? As said before, we are human and just regular guys just as anyone else here. Sometimes we get out of line, we call each other out when we do and if it is bad Okuma Steve steps in and puts us in check or removes our status. Yes, some of us are more popular than others but I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Some of us do speak up when spoken to, and I can honestly say when someone brings up an issue about mods that we own up if needed or justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom