• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you think that the ODT...

Do you think that the ODT is overly moderated and home to the protected Craigslisters???

• Yes

Votes: 51 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are not allowed to have an opinion or express it? As said before, we are human and just regular guys just as anyone else here. Sometimes we get out of line, we call each other out when we do and if it is bad Okuma Steve steps in and puts us in check or removes our status. Yes, some of us are more popular than others but I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Some of us do speak up when spoken to, and I can honestly say when someone brings up an issue about mods that we own up if needed or justified.

NEVER once said you should not be allowed an opinion, spent my entire adult life in occupations to insure that EVERYONE could have and express their opinions, merely said that if you hold a position of authority on the board, you (not you specifically) should express it in a professional and gentlemanly manner and now drop to the same level as people you are charged with disciplining. THAT is how you define a leader and that is how "respect" is earned.

Not you Bass, but Soviet violated a couple forum rules last night. I'm not going back through this whole thread to quote them because honestly I don't care enough to. It's over and done with, but the level of disrespect that Soviet showed me(and a few other members) last night was very unprofessional and not warranted. I never called him names, degraded him or made personal attacks on him; he started all of that.
If Okuma Steve sees it that way, he will handle it, he has before. He makes it very clear to us that we are not lawless.
Unfortunately you will not see the results if any. He keeps our reprimands private. Usually pm's for me atleast. :pound:

I haven't butted heads with z3, but the group condemnation by z3 and other mods is unwarranted. If I do something wrong then get on me about it. No need to smear us as a group, we're actually a pretty good group of guys.

Gosh, I guess I should not be surprised by a blanket statement like that. As a part of "the basement folks", once you start classifying members based on grouping, it becomes clear that you might have a problem. If I were to have a problem with a MOD, I would not make a blanket statement about "you MOD folks". I would direct my problem to that MOD. I suggest you do the same thing.

Not you Bass, but Soviet violated a couple forum rules last night. I'm not going back through this whole thread to quote them because honestly I don't care enough to. It's over and done with, but the level of disrespect that Soviet showed me(and a few other members) last night was very unprofessional and not warranted. I never called him names, degraded him or made personal attacks on him; he started all of that.
I could tell Soviet was frustrated, but what rule did he violate? He is passionate about the ODT as most if us are, and when people are attacking the things we love we tend to become defensive.I did not see any disrespectful words or actions. The thread you are referring to was in private help and was essentially a conversation between the two of you, with a couple of other mods.

Which is exactly why I sent Okuma steve a PM to remove me as a mod. I miss being able to tell people like yourself to go **** themselves. I miss that.

I could tell Soviet was frustrated, but what rule did he violate? He is passionate about the ODT as most if us are, and when people are attacking the things we love we tend to become defensive.I did not see any disrespectful words or actions. The thread you are referring to was in private help and was essentially a conversation between the two of you, with a couple of other mods.

Are we reading the same thread???

Like I said, I'm not going back through this whole thread to quote the stuff that Soviet said because as far as I'm concerned it's over and done. you can go back and re-read it if you want to but I'm not going to. Just let it be known that others felt that Soviet was out of line and said so as well so I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Which is exactly why I sent Okuma steve a PM to remove me as a mod. I miss being able to tell people like yourself to go **** themselves. I miss that.

Funny, because every time I have ever seen you in person you have been polite, shook my hand and we have talked and joked with each other. You took it too far last night. Is it that hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom