• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • Tacos - definitely tacos!

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
Yes ,I was a government worker and a good one. I did my job and it tics me off that a lot of people lump all into the same category. Until you walk in the shoes of the ones who do their job properly, try looking in the mirror and take an assessment of yourself and the people around you in your occupation.
That's like saying everyone who owns a firearm is irresponsible and can't shoot, just because some numbnuts do things with said firearms and gun owners get a bad reputation.
I had a few customers in my time in the PO, who used to find fault with numerous things. Some food stamp recipients even accused me of opening their mail to see their bank statement. The machines in the main office used to pop the envelopes open sometime when it wasn't sealed good enough.
I didn't work for tips but for a salary, never asked or expected one. Granted some people used to leave little gifts and such and I wrote a card to each and everyone to thank them.
My last day on the route I had one part of a neighborhood put up a banner with thank you and good luck on your retirement. They also gave me a going away gift.
My problem with the PO was the supervisors. They were always bugging you and wasting time.
I'm usually not confrontational but when it comes to being lumped in with sorry individuals then I draw the line.
And just for your information, Rural carriers are under a different contract than City carriers. I was a City carrier with uniform. The rural carriers operated a little different on how they cased and delivered mail.

Yes ,I was a government worker and a good one. I did my job and it tics me off that a lot of people lump all into the same category. Until you walk in the shoes of the ones who do their job properly, try looking in the mirror and take an assessment of yourself and the people around you in your occupation.
That's like saying everyone who owns a firearm is irresponsible and can't shoot, just because some numbnuts do things with said firearms and gun owners get a bad reputation.
I had a few customers in my time in the PO, who used to find fault with numerous things. Some food stamp recipients even accused me of opening their mail to see their bank statement. The machines in the main office used to pop the envelopes open sometime when it wasn't sealed good enough.
I didn't work for tips but for a salary, never asked or expected one. Granted some people used to leave little gifts and such and I wrote a card to each and everyone to thank them.
My last day on the route I had one part of a neighborhood put up a banner with thank you and good luck on your retirement. They also gave me a going away gift.
My problem with the PO was the supervisors. They were always bugging you and wasting time.
I'm usually not confrontational but when it comes to being lumped in with sorry individuals then I draw the line.
And just for your information, Rural carriers are under a different contract than City carriers. I was a City carrier with uniform. The rural carriers operated a little different on how they cased and delivered mail.

Indeed!

Back
Top Bottom