• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • Tacos - definitely tacos!

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
So got a cute "Happy Holidays" card from Rebecca our mail carrier in today's mail.

We've lived in this house for 14 years and this is the first time I can remember we've received a card like this. We've had 30 different mail carriers the years we've been here. I guess I would feel different if they did something other than their job.

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas? I never have. To my knowledge growing up we never did, either.
I do, I was a rural carrier for 30 years. The first day, I was driving the regular carrier's car with him sitting in the back seat. A man was walking down to get his mail, so I waited and gave him his mail. I had not noticed 2 garbage cans in front of the car. Ran clean over them. was in a 90 degree turn in the road, couldn't go forward. Had to back up. As I reversed over them, I saw the old gentleman jump and run. He was bent over behind the car, picking up the trash. The old carrier had turned white, I said what do I do now?? He said hit the gas, get the fk out of here. Some how I made it 30 years. Yes, I did receive some gifts. Talked to everyone, stopped at their yard sales,helped get one out from under his mower. Pulled cars out of ditches, what ever it took. Just glad there wasn't cams then.

I do, I was a rural carrier for 30 years. The first day, I was driving the regular carrier's car with him sitting in the back seat. A man was walking down to get his mail, so I waited and gave him his mail. I had not noticed 2 garbage cans in front of the car. Ran clean over them. was in a 90 degree turn in the road, couldn't go forward. Had to back up. As I reversed over them, I saw the old gentleman jump and run. He was bent over behind the car, picking up the trash. The old carrier had turned white, I said what do I do now?? He said hit the gas, get the fk out of here. Some how I made it 30 years. Yes, I did receive some gifts. Talked to everyone, stopped at their yard sales,helped get one out from under his mower. Pulled cars out of ditches, what ever it took. Just glad there wasn't cams then.

Awesome.

My mailman can't put the flag down.
NEVER SEE THEM. I THINK THEY ONLY WORK TWO OR THREE DAY'S A WEEK. THEY'RE LOSING BILLIONS EACH YEAR AND THEY WORK LIKE OUR CONGRESS. THEY MUST HAVE 30 HOLIDAYS OFF. WHAT A JOKE,A PRIVATE BUSINESS WOULD BE GONE IN A YEAR IF RUN LIKE THAT.

NEVER SEE THEM. I THINK THEY ONLY WORK TWO OR THREE DAY'S A WEEK. THEY'RE LOSING BILLIONS EACH YEAR AND THEY WORK LIKE OUR CONGRESS. THEY MUST HAVE 30 HOLIDAYS OFF. WHAT A JOKE,A PRIVATE BUSINESS WOULD BE GONE IN A YEAR IF RUN LIKE THAT.

You have no clue what you are talking about. My wife works 50 plus hours every week and she works her ass off. They only reason they lose money every year is because congress mandated they fund retirements 50 years in advance. No other company in the country has that burden.

You have no clue what you are talking about. My wife works 50 plus hours every week and she works her ass off. They only reason they lose money every year is because congress mandated they fund retirements 50 years in advance. No other company in the country has that burden.
And the Congress takes that money and uses it to pay interest on Treasury debt.

Back
Top Bottom