• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here have experience with the UTG Pro series of free float rails?

I just put a UTG 15 inch free float hand gard on my 18 inch AR-15. the top rail lined up perfectly flush with no gap.

this is the second UTG handguard that I've put on an AR 15 the other being a drop in 7 inch quad.

frankly I don't know why people turn their nose up at UTG I've been very happy with their hand guards.

I just put a UTG 15 inch free float hand gard on my 18 inch AR-15. the top rail lined up perfectly flush with no gap.

this is the second UTG handguard that I've put on an AR 15 the other being a drop in 7 inch quad.

frankly I don't know why people turn their nose up at UTG I've been very happy with their hand guards.

yeah the utg pro super slim is not exactly a piece of crap..it works...it's just that for a little bit more $, one could have something better...don't think that's turning up of the nose, do you?

yeah the utg pro super slim is not exactly a piece of crap..it works...it's just that for a little bit more $, one could have something better...don't think that's turning up of the nose, do you?

You say, for a little bit more money, but how much is a little bit? Have you actually used the UTG Pro? All the reviews I have read are very positive about these things.

You say, for a little bit more money, but how much is a little bit? Have you actually used the UTG Pro? All the reviews I have read are very positive about these things.

ummm yeah man..as you can see in the earlier posts in here...it's fine, it works..like I said earlier, my brother in law paid $130 for his..I paid $150 for my Troy alpha..that's a little bit more.

ummm yeah man..as you can see in the earlier posts in here...it's fine, it works..like I said earlier, my brother in law paid $130 for his..I paid $150 for my Troy alpha..that's a little bit more.

Sorry about that... Yea, for $150, I would go with the Troy. But where did you find a Troy for $150? I see the 15" for almost $200, plus shipping.

Sorry about that... Yea, for $150, I would go with the Troy. But where did you find a Troy for $150? I see the 15" for almost $200, plus shipping.

eBay brand new sealed..guy had a bunch last year..good deals out there on Midwest Industries SS rails too...I figure at this mid-level of handguards..those two are the best values

I've got one on one of my guns and it's a great product for the money IMO. Had it cerakoted fde. Everything lines up good and it's solid as a rock. I'd buy another one.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_28_8d279ab23ed8948a2551a2382e899a63.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_28_c840e7265499ee6eb88275a8e20a97d8.jpg

What makes one better than the other? Not a name or the price but the one who uses it. If it meets or excides the users expectations.... for most, hand guards are like rims on a car what looks good... I have friends with $200-400 free floats and for a weight savings of 2-3 oz price doesn't justify the cost. In rather put the money in a trigger, BCG or barrel some that makes a diffrance even if it is $20.

Last edited:
i will say this, utg is kinda an airsoft company. people will say its airsoft crap. i will say you have never seen the weapon abuse that goes on at a national level airsoft game. the stuff holds up great, and the airsoft stuff gets more abuse in a weekend than most real steel will see in a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom