• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does Concealed Gun Give Cops Right to Search You?

Or maybe he is just attempting to see if the other people he is sworn to protect are still safe...it is precisely this type of attitude you are pontificating that makes LE's job difficult.

Absolutely you can respond with "Am I being detained?" or "Am I free to go?" but why would you? If you're on the straight and narrow why not just answer the officer's questions and make his job easier? Why go out of your way to be difficult?

If I am a law abiding citizen why should I subject myself to an unlawful search? To ensure others are still safe isn't a good enough reason for me.

Alright, I guess I am in the minority. If I am stopped and asked something by LEO I should fully comply without question.

Guess the majority wins to ensure the safety of the sheeple. I've put enough time into this thread.

If I am a law abiding citizen why should I subject myself to an unlawful search? To ensure others are still safe isn't a good enough reason for me.
He asks, you show...again...nothing unlawful. But if you're willing to allow your stubbornness and myopic ideology to interfere with the safety of your fellow man, that's between you and your conscience.

He asks, you show...again...nothing unlawful. But if you're willing to allow your stubbornness and myopic ideology to interfere with the safety of your fellow man, that's between you and your conscience.

How does respecting The Bill of Rights interfere with the safety of my fellow man?

Have you read the Constitution?

Last edited:
A police officer has the right to protect him or her self at all times. If you CC or OC legally, you have nothing to worry about. Let them do their job, They don't know who the folks are that are and are not allowed to carry. Once they disarm you and ensure you license is valad, they will rearm you and let you go on your way.. I know from 1st hand experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drty, I agree, if they single you out and hold you up then yes something should be done about it. Call a news station and plaster it all over the place.... One way of putting them on notice for CCers and OCers. Guns are dangerous not the people behind them. I have been stopped once while OCing,, all the Peace officer did was disarm me, Clear my sidearm and ask for my permit. once he saw it was valid, he rearmed me and went back in the donut shop. LMAO

With all due respect...

If you were doing nothing wrong, why in the world would you ever let a cop disarm you? What was his probable cause to remove your weapon from you?

Alright, I guess I am in the minority. If I am stopped and asked something by LEO I should fully comply without question.

Guess the majority wins to ensure the safety of the sheeple. I've put enough time into this thread.

I think one can go about being polite and "complying" to a certain degree. But if a cop is just stopping you without any legit reason to do so, I think you're well within your rights to go on about your day once you've determined that you're not being detained and are free to go. They don't have a right just to randomly stop people and search them/question them, "just because".

I don't think some people will ever get that carrying a firearm concealed is not breaking the law if you have a CCL. But demanding proof you have a CCL is a violation of your rights. Again, I try to work with the LEO as much as possible because I repect what they do.

I think one can go about being polite and "complying" to a certain degree. But if a cop is just stopping you without any legit reason to do so, I think you're well within your rights to go on about your day once you've determined that you're not being detained and are free to go. They don't have a right just to randomly stop people and search them/question them, "just because".

Rarely IF ever would a LEO in Georgia bother someone "just because" There would (or should) be some other reason in the first place. (This reason may not be apparent to the subject at that time.) This thread has not ever been about some "random" encounter. Jeeesh people! we have better things to do than just randomly hassle gun owners.

I wouldn't go as far as saying LEO officers. As far as deputies and police I agree, but the DNR some of those guys think they rule the world an can do as they please.
(Ignorance of the law is no excuse) This also applies to the ones enforcing it.

Rarely IF ever would a LEO in Georgia bother someone "just because" There would (or should) be some other reason in the first place. (This reason may not be apparent to the subject at that time.) This thread has not ever been about some "random" encounter. Jeeesh people! we have better things to do than just randomly hassle gun owners.

Sorry I did not edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom