Does it ever stop?

YES!!! It does get easier. Don't listen to these naysayers. The urge will come back occasionally no matter how long ago you quit, but it will get less and less frequent, last for shorter periods of time and go way down in intensity. It will eventually happen very rarely.

You can try my dad's method.
Smoked about 2 packs a day.
Then stopped one night cold turkey.
Woke me up about 2am said he was
having trouble breathing. Had him at
the emergency room in 10 minutes.
They came out about 3 am and said
they did all they could but he's gone.
So yes, the craving does stop.

After witnessing first hand what smoking did to my Mother, I didn't quit right away but kept thinking about what harm it can cause until my wife and I both did, two weeks apart. We never think about it any more, and it's been at least 15 years. Hands down one of the best decisions we both have ever made. Can't even describe how good it feels to take a deep breath now..........

Look, if you are loosing the battle, contact me. I can give you a plan that actually works for quitting. It takes a while, but is mostly painless.

My Dad smoked when I was a kid then started smoking again the last few years. I've been begging him to quit. He's 83yrs old. Now he's on his way to being a widower for the 3rd time. His current wife had smoked since she was 20, now @73. She started smoking again a few years ago and my Dad followed. She's been recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung and liver cancer. Doc says she only had cancer @3-4 months. Now she's on chemo the rest of her life. At least they've both quit smoking.

Back
Top Bottom