Does it ever stop?

Quit smoking cold turkey on July 8th and haven’t touched them since.

I am still constantly craving a smoke but haven’t broke down yet… does the urge ever go away?
Yes it goes away. The daily urge goes away. An attidude of being grateful that you are not smoking can help. Instead of fighting the urge, embrace the grace to not smoke it. I have been quit for years and on occasion dream of smoking. Addiction is a bitch. Don't give in.

I smoked for 30 years...I quit two or three time because family wanted me to..
I quit, cold turkey on Dec 1, 1990(because I wanted to)....tossed an almost full pack of Marlboro reds in the trash can...
Can't even stand to smell one now .
The craving DOES go away, if you've been free 3 months, you are well on your way so whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP NOW.
Benefits...I hardly ever get a cold. or headache, I sleep great, I'm just a coupe months from being 75 yoa and my doctor says my heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen levels are as good as a 30 year old, I no longer get indigestion and best of all, I can once again smell and taste the full flavor of food.
Whenever you think you want a smoke, get busy with something else, clean a gun, walk the dog,wash the car...most of all do not give in...
It really is a mind over matter issue..who is in charge..you or the cigarettes ?

You can try my dad's method.
Smoked about 2 packs a day.
Then stopped one night cold turkey.
Woke me up about 2am said he was
having trouble breathing. Had him at
the emergency room in 10 minutes.
They came out about 3 am and said
they did all they could but he's gone.
So yes, the craving does stop.
Well said, much respect for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom