• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does it ever stop?

Don't give up. It goes away. I quit 8 years ago. Smoked for 15 years. and now I can't stand the smell of a cigg. Can't even stand to be around someone who is smoking or smells like cigarette smoke. You just gotta keep telling yourself that your stronger than that. Get mean and stubborn and refuse to give in. It will go away!

Only time I ever have cravings anymore is when I'm drinking and around someone smoking. Usually I'll bum one, take a few hits, realize how disgusting it is and immediately washing the stench off my hands.
I'd been quit for a year and took a drag off a Marlboro Light 100, I thought I'd cough up a lung. Never again.

dont break down man!! yes it does go away! and you will hit a point that cigarette smoke is absolutely disgusting. it will be a hallelujah moment when you get it lol. it took a couple years after i quit to reach that point and know that i will never pick one of those disgusting things up again.
I quit cold turkey July 1 1967. Took 2 months for the bad urge to go away. After that was easier each week-month wish I could say how long but one day I realized the urge was no longer there. Said on another forum it was the best decision I made for myself.

Back
Top Bottom