• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does Springfield armory test fire their new 1911s?

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Reason I ask is I just got a brand new 1911 Mil-Spec from Springfield and it had powder residue in the barrel. So just curious what you guys have experienced with their new firearms.

Love the mil-spec btw. I don't like a lot of fancy smancy stuff on my 1911s. Like ambi safeties and such. I'm not ambidextrous and no need for my firearm to be.

I imagine they test fire for function. Every gun I have purchased new the barrels were filthy. I make sure to clean very well before firing. You wouldn't believe some of the trash I have pushed out barrels. I usually run jag with a clean patch through first just to see just what is lurking in there.

Reason I ask is I just got a brand new 1911 Mil-Spec from Springfield and it had powder residue in the barrel. So just curious what you guys have experienced with their new firearms.

Love the mil-spec btw. I don't like a lot of fancy smancy stuff on my 1911s. Like ambi safeties and such. I'm not ambidextrous and no need for my firearm to be.
Unsure about the 1911's but my Springfield Hellcat came with a target that had 3-5 holes in from 5 yds (from what I remember) to show the grouping and function of that particular gun straight from the factory.

Unsure about the 1911's but my Springfield Hellcat came with a target that had 3-5 holes in from 5 yds (from what I remember) to show the grouping and function of that particular gun straight from the factory
Cool.
usually has the brass with it in an envelope signed by the tester
No envelope or brass with this one. I'll find out when I go to the range whether or not it was a test fired or someone at buds sneaking my new 1911 to the range I guess although I'm not sure how (My concern is someone sold me a used firearm from buds. And I hope it is not something someone returned with issues.). I gotta put 100 rounds through it before I carry it anyways to break it in some.

I'll give you guys a range report Monday most likely.

Back
Top Bottom