• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

does Steak and Shake cater to a certain crowd?

I haven't been in a Steak & Shake in two years, the last one, me and the old lady were the only two Crackers there, Dudes who came in 30 minutes after us were getting their food before us. My wife asked for napkins 5 different times, finally I went to the Men's room and brought out an entire roll of paper towels. After 45 minutes our tea was not brought to our table and I stood up and yelled out, "Who the Hell do I have to sleep with to get a drink around here?"All the Help (?) scurried off to the kitchen to regroup. After I used the ketcup to draw a map of Georgia on the table, I told the old woman, lets go. I got on line and complained and left my name and number, but no one ever called back, so we crossed those dumps off our list..
I lov your stories. I bet you got plenty of em too 🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure there are people who do hate me because I’m white. I’m just saying - why is it that every time somebody is treated poorly, it’s always about because of their race?
You can thank obammy for it.. that pos seat race relations back a hundred yrs

Steak and Shake, as a business, fascinates me. Their customer service is universally poor. The food is subpar...their fries? Forget about it. The food takes FOR-EVER to come out. I haven't been to one in several years. Glad to hear they are about the same as they ever have been.

To the OP, Gwinnett is more Asian than any other part of the metro area. There is a huge Korean population there. I drive out that way sometimes just to eat. It's literally called the "Seoul of the South." I highly doubt anyone even noticed you were Asian.

Steak and Shake, as a business, fascinates me. Their customer service is universally poor. The food is subpar...their fries? Forget about it. The food takes FOR-EVER to come out. I haven't been to one in several years. Glad to hear they are about the same as they ever have been.

To the OP, Gwinnett is more Asian than any other part of the metro area. There is a huge Korean population there. I drive out that way sometimes just to eat. It's literally called the "Seoul of the South." I highly doubt anyone even noticed you were Asian.
Dude. Some people hate Asians. It’s a thing. I don’t know if that’s what was going on with the op situation, but it’s out there.

Steak N Shake was founded in 1934 in Normal, IL by Gus Belt and his wife. His wife was from my hometown. They were VERY good family places to eat for years. China and silver ware when McD's served you on paper or plastic with plastic utensils. Food quality was excellent and dependably good, time after time. At one time I even owned shares in the company. I have been a customer for over 60 years, I am 74. During its heyday, it was every bit as well run as Chik-Fil-A is today.

Sadly, they are a mere shadow of what they once were. Poor upper management, labor shortages, COVID, Biden have all contributed to the chain's downfall.

Wife and I still eat there on occasion, for old times sake, realizing we are chasing a faded memory.

Back
Top Bottom