• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does the G43 still have a place in the ccw role?

I won’t own anything Sig makes (just haven’t ever liked them, hated every one I’ve ever tried) so for me the Glock 43 is an obvious answer. My 43 is relegated to ankle carry only taking the place from my 26 a couple of years ago.

lately the 43 slide has been living on my 48 frame for a home made 43X and is my normally carry unless I step up to my 19X.

I gave my G43 to my wife and put a Hyve +2 extension on it. It fills the hand nicely and makes 9 rounds including the one in the chamber. Nine rounds of 147g Federal HST should do the trick. I carry my S&W Shield with an 8 round with a Hyve +2 on it and don't feel under gunned, and it fills my hand nicely.

Yes it serves its purpose well and should still be desired. Too many people are caught up in mag capacity. This isn’t Vietnam. We aren’t making contact with Charlie. People think they are going to get into a gunfight like the movie “Heat” and real life isn’t like that.
Well-armed has always been a relative term. Yes, the 43 will serve you well, but it doesn't mean there isn't something better (or worse!). Revolvers with 5 rounds are good enough, but militaries, police, and most civilians have switched away from them.

Anyway, we have the luxury of choice, so go with what works for you. I do like the 43 myself, but it's not what I would choose most of the time.

Just got a Tyrant CNC +3 base for one of my G43 mags. Looks cool and really adds some more real estate to hold on to. Headed down to my range this afternoon to see how it feeds.

Back
Top Bottom