• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does the G43 still have a place in the ccw role?

Most cops carried revolvers for decades as well as many civilians. Many still do. The 43 still holds one more round than most revolvers and 2 more than many of the 5 shots.
10-4nwhen I went to the Academy in the 70's it was on Confederate Ave. and we shot SW Model 10 at the qualification range, carried a 38 till the SW Model 27, 357 mag came out, then went Dirty Harry with a Model 29, 4", that puppy would bust a mag wheel when shooting at tires to stop em, like they should nowadays, might save a few lives.

I'd have to agree. A G26 feels like a brick compared to a G43 or Sig P365.
The 26 is a little thick, but slightly shorter than the 43 I think. I pocket carry a 26 in my carharrt jeans daily. For me, the redeeming factor for the 26 is that it accepts all my double stack glock mags, regardless of capacity. God forbid, if I had to reload in a bad situation, the G17 mag with a +2 is comforting. If I have to wear dress pants, I tend to carry my 42 with magguts giving me 8rds. Not a glock nut by any stretch of the imagination, but they are simple, dependable, easy to clean/maintain, and I shoot them well, because that's what I'm most familiar with. I actually prefer the 42 over the 43, but my 26 is my edc.

I had a 43, but I've also got a Ruger LCP and bought a Sig 365, so the 43 just kinda got lost in the middle. I sold off the 43, no regrets, but it was a fine gun. Certainly reliable and dependable.

At the end of the day, carry what works for you.

G43 with Taran +1 is my go to. I shoot glocks well, don't have to clean them, and have 100 percent confidence in them. Other newer, fancier stuff out there but if 7 rounds of critical defense doesn't get me out of whatever, not sure 10 will make the difference

The 26 is a little thick, but slightly shorter than the 43 I think. I pocket carry a 26 in my carharrt jeans daily. For me, the redeeming factor for the 26 is that it accepts all my double stack glock mags, regardless of capacity. God forbid, if I had to reload in a bad situation, the G17 mag with a +2 is comforting. If I have to wear dress pants, I tend to carry my 42 with magguts giving me 8rds. Not a glock nut by any stretch of the imagination, but they are simple, dependable, easy to clean/maintain, and I shoot them well, because that's what I'm most familiar with. I actually prefer the 42 over the 43, but my 26 is my edc.
Yeah I pocket carried a G26 years ago. I changed only because I'm always doing a lot of outdoors stuff and could always feel the extra thickness and weight of the G26 compared to the 43 or P365 in my pocket when I was out hiking or mountain biking. Otherwise I didn't mind the 26, only if I was doing physical activities.

With several micro compacts out there now with 10+ Capacity that the 365 started that are same size or smaller than the g43 with 6 round capacity ….is it still to be desired? If so, why?
Yes it serves its purpose well and should still be desired. Too many people are caught up in mag capacity. This isn’t Vietnam. We aren’t making contact with Charlie. People think they are going to get into a gunfight like the movie “Heat” and real life isn’t like that.

With several micro compacts out there now with 10+ Capacity that the 365 started that are same size or smaller than the g43 with 6 round capacity ….is it still to be desired? If so, why?
Why? It's a glock so it'll probably reliably give you that 6 rounds.

Good input fellas!
For me, it’s to be desired over some of the other “high capacity” micros for how it fits my hand. Front to back it has more grip than the 365 and others. It also points /aims and shoots like my bigger glocks. Having the same ergos, grip angle, etc is a +. Was just curious the consensus with odt.

Back
Top Bottom