• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does the G43 still have a place in the ccw role?

yeah they’ve been “working on it” for a long while. If they are as spotty as the s15 mag in reliability….Better to have less rounds for sure then jammed up “extra capacity” mag that pops out on ya
I’ve got 4 of the S15 mags and not a single issue. I’ve run them quite a bit over the last year.

But if you’re having reliability issues with them, run what works for you.

Despite having a Shield Plus and a G48, I still carry my regular Shield the most due to better concealment. Sometimes that extra 1-2mm makes all the difference.

So, I think the 43 does still have a place for those times when concealment is the priority.

If some one is used to Glocks then a 43 would be great since they'd be familiar. Similar feel and usual trigger.

The small capacity definitely leaves it behind compared to similar size pistols; but honestly my small carry is just for a real "oh ****" situation and If it's a serious and heavy situation then it's truly going to be my shield to help me get the **** up and away from the situation.

I have the 43 with a 48 slide, and a 43x mos and I carry the 43 most of the t shirt seasons. it's just so easy to conceal. I have the 43x set up with a dot, light, s15 and a spare mag carrier with an s15 +5 for a total of 36 rounds tucked inside the wasteband. It prints a tad but with a jacket is totally fine. I am all for choices, so if I want all the capacity I can, if I want to forget I am even carrying I can, and if I feel like swapping them all around I have the flexibility to.

Only if you must have a small Glock. 6 rounds was underwhelming even when it was new -- most others held 7. Capacity gets pretty reasonable with Magguts +2s.

It is a little thinner than the P365 and other micro double stacks, if that difference matters to you.

I don't buy or carry what is in fashion. What works for me could be a brand new Sig 365 or a Smith Wesson 3913. Every year, as in other products, there will always be a new gimmick or the latest and greatest. I am pretty sure my flip phone in 2001 still did the same thing with regards to calling someone as a new I-Phone 58, or whatever number they are on now!

Some call it outdated, but the 1911 can still effectively stop a threat today as it did in the year 1911. A dead threat is the same thing as a really really dead threat.

I know higher capacity means much in today's gun manufacturing world, but as I tell family and friends, if you think you need more than 3 or 4 rounds in an emergency situation, then the situation is extremely bad and you are probably not going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom