• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does this rifle exist?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Or will it have to be a custom job? Looking for something that I think doesn't exist. It's a .223 bolt rifle, takes AR mags, has iron sights, 16-18" heavy barrel, and easy to set up as a scout rifle. Something "all-weather" is also on the list. I'd say the Mossberg MVP, but it doesn't have irons and the stock is wood (I think). There are tons of rifles out there that fit most of the bill, but no others that I know of that take AR mags. Just got to thinking that'd be a sweet scout rifle if someone makes it. But more than likely for the price, it's cheaper and easier to just get mini-14 on your hands :/

I wouldnt be hung up on AR mags so I would go for Tikka T3-Lite in .223 I already have in 308, 338 Fed.

My thinking lately has been, lever, and bolt as well since I hunt in GA and PA. Cant use any semi-auto rifle in PA. for any game.
Come to think of it .223 isnt allowed in PA for deer no matter what action...

Last edited:
I wouldnt be hung up on AR mags so I would go for Tikka T3-Lite in .223 I already have in 308, 338 Fed.

My thinking lately has been, lever, and bolt as well since I hunt in GA and PA. Cant use any semi-auto rifle in PA. for any game.
Come to think of it .223 isnt allowed in PA for deer no matter what action...

Yeah I'm not super concerned with it taking AR mags, but do like the idea of it being fed with detachable mags and the AR mags are just a plus since they're cheap and plentiful.

Just give me your underfolder :)
You'll feel better about yourself!

trade me a rifle that fits the description above :p

Back
Top Bottom